25 simple ways to get smarter every day.
Scientists from the University of Virginia found out that by the age of 27 the brain began to work intermittently, by the age of 37 the memory deteriorated significantly. We did not read any further, fearing to miss precious time. This article has collected everything necessary for the emergency rescue of your brain, its maintenance and development. From now on the stupid question "Do not you hack a hat?" You will answer not only with a kick in the knee cap, but also with justified "Now it's shaking".
1. Read more.The more complex and unusual the books, the better. Complex designs, long, detailed sentences, rare words, abstruse articles and especially poems - the real “Rastishka” for your brain.
2. Drum on the table.Better yet, take the rule to accompany the music you hear: on your knee, on the table cover, or on a freshly bought tam-tam — it doesn't matter. Palms or chopsticks. Neuroscientist Anirud Patel from San Diego believes that sense of rhythm plays an important role in learning.After all, the basal ganglia are responsible for it - the parts of the brain involved in motor functions.
3. Listen to classical music.Especially Mozart. In 1995, psychologist Francis Rauscher guided thirty rats into the room by cunning. For two months the Sonata periodically sounded for two pianos in C major. After the experiment, it turned out that the animals not only began to dance better, but also to run through the maze faster and with fewer errors than the other group of rats that had lived in silence during the two months.
4. Train your memory.In London taxi drivers, for example, the hippocampus is enlarged - the part of the brain responsible for emotions and memory. What are you worse?
- Having compiled a list of products you need to buy, re-read it several times and try to remember not their names, but your future path in different departments in the store. After collecting everything in the cart and standing in line, try to calculate the total amount in your mind. If it turns out to be true, you can buy a bush of spinach as a reward: it is good for memory.
- Daily allocate half an hour to memorize poetry. The last time you did this in kindergarten, but all the words flew out of your head at the moment when the official part of the holiday ended and the coffin was lowered into the ground. The content of the poems does not matter.
5. Drink coffee.Caffeine stimulates the release of the neurotransmitters dopamine and norepinephrine - they help to stay longer in tone and maintain concentration. It is important not to overdo it: from a very large dose of caffeine, you will be overworked and you will not be able to think rationally. Caffeine in doses of more than 300 mg (four cups of natural coffee) per day will give anxiety, headache, tremor, arrhythmia.
6. Do as Einstein.Albert Einstein, theoretical physicist, Nobel laureate:“Intellectual growth should begin from the moment of birth and stop only with death. Knowing where to find information and how to use it is the secret of success. The mind, once expanded its boundaries, will never return to the former. Outstanding personalities are formed not through beautiful speeches, but by their own labor and its results. ”
7. Do not be afraid to admit that you do not know something.Mark Porcius Cato, senior statesman, writer:"A wise man learns more from fools than fools learns from a wise one."
8. Play chess, checkers and poker.These games can not only make you richer, but also perfectly develop thinking.If you think that you play chess too well, try to play more for a while so that it takes no more than a minute to make a decision.
9. Develop your numerical feeling.Yes, yes, you already have this. Take a handful of trifles out of your pocket, glance at her and try to count the total amount from memory. Veronique Izgard, a cognitive psychologist from Harvard, found out that the ancient structures of the brain are responsible for something that is about a quasi-lion years old, but they can develop throughout life. To check how well your CC is developed at the moment, pass a short test or a large-scale test, the results of which will even be preserved in the annals of the American University and help to move science forward. Well, then - develop the HH. The easiest way is to pack things in a bag. When you estimate, how to shove them better, your brain solves the most complicated tasks and trains.
10. Feed the brain properly!
Especially if you still cannot tell a single poem from the school curriculum to the end, and it reminds you of the birthdays of your acquaintances on Facebook.
- Walnuts. Almost the main food for the erudite! They even look like a brain. Five nuts a day - and you will be provided with lecithin, which improves brain function and activates memory.More nuts are useful if you suddenly live in high radiation conditions.
- A fish. Rare and cold, it is rich in iodine, and its meat contains omega-3 fatty acids, which provide a quick influx of the energy necessary for the transmission of impulses in brain cells. They also regulate the level of cholesterol in the blood and improve the functioning of the vessels. If you eat at least 100 grams of fish a day, your reaction rate will increase and you will reduce the risk of developing Alzheimer's disease.
- Pumpkin seeds. Put half a glass in your jacket pocket and during office scandals improve memory and make the brain think faster. All thanks to zinc.
- Spinach. Add it to the morning omelet two or three times a week. Contained in Spintelutein protects brain cells from premature aging.
- Sage. At Johns Hopkins University, it was found that sage inhibits the action of amino acids responsible for memory impairment. Now they drink tea with sage every day and remember everything about everyone.
11. Try to guess the next phrase of the interlocutor.Rebecca Seix of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology is confident that with proper training, people will be able to understand others without words at all — by facial expression, look, and other similar features.For this, the brain section is located, which is located behind the right ear and is responsible for intuition.
12. Start a blog.Telling it about the events of the day, you will not only learn to articulate thoughts, but also you will constantly think over new topics and caustic answers to the questions of devoted readers.
13. Read!Koichi Tohei, a writer, aikido master, owner of 10th dan, founder of Ki Society and ki-aikido style: “Reading is the cornerstone of intelligence. Fill your free time with reading all kinds of books. Read novels, non-fiction, biographies. First, quickly look through the book to get an overview of it. If it seems to you that it makes sense, reread it again. As a result, your brain’s ability to adapt to a variety of circumstances and organize a wide variety of data will increase. ”
14. Solve crosswords.Surprisingly, it works: the work of the brain is greatly promoted by serious crosswords.
15. Keep fit.Konstantin Sheremetyev, a researcher, author of the project “Intellectics”, author of the books “Perfect Brain: How to manage the subconscious” and “How to become smarter”: kind of mean, he is smart and will remain forever.This is utter nonsense. If at the age of 18 you need to pump up your muscles, and then lie down on the sofa and forget about them, then very soon they will atrophy. And the same thing happens with the efficiency of the brain. ”
16. Learn a foreign language.Andrea Machelli, doctor of neurology at the University of London, argues that people who know several foreign languages find it easier to switch between different mental tasks. An additional impetus to the development of your brain will give a new way to learn incomprehensible foreign words.
17. Do not waste time.If you had a free minute at work, and you want to see a couple of meters of funny pictures, you'd better open Wikipedia and read the “random” article.
18. Take a walk.It is enough to defile around the house three times a week for half an hour in order to concentrate attention, learn and think abstractly by 15%. And it's not just the influx of oxygen to your neurons, which have grown thin in the office stuffiness: scientists from the Salk Institute have shown that moderate exercise in fresh air causes the brain to build up new cells.
19. Give the brain a rest.No matter how busy you are, in the process of mental activity you should definitely rest every hour and a half.For example, do simple physical exercise or just walk along the corridor and have a cup of coffee. Consider it a necessity. So the analytical centers of the brain better digest the accumulated information and come to some unexpected conclusion.
20. Boost your brain.If you ignored all our advice, and tomorrow the championship final “What? Where? When? ”League classmates, there is another way to shake the fat on the brain gyrus.
- Urgently increase IQ will help neurometabolic stimulants, they are nootropics, - the drugs that have an activating effect on memory and mental activity. Note: completely legal. The words to search in a pharmacy are: fenotropil, allertek, deprenyl. Still you can try or taste fenibut, but he, unlike the previous preparations, drinks a course in 2-3 weeks, single use of the due result does not give. And it should be like this: the absence of the desire to quit and go to sleep, the increased reaction rate, slight irritability and the feeling that you are smarter than everyone else. There is, however, a small problem. “The effect of nootropics on the brain is not yet fully understood,” says Konstantin Anokhin, head of the laboratory of memory neurobiology at the Institute of Normal Physiology of the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences. And: do not confuse nootropics with dietary supplements.These will also make you wiser for a while, but they act differently, and the effect is weaker. These are, say, ginkgo biloba, guarana, eleutherococcus and ginseng root.
21. Play Tetris.A study by American scientists has shown that this classic puzzle can have a positive impact on the development of the human brain. Testing has confirmed that regular Tetris practice can increase the amount of gray matter in the player’s brain and improve his thinking ability. The brain of people who, during an experiment for three months, played this puzzle for half an hour a day, has undergone changes in areas related to movement, critical thinking, reasoning, language and information processing.
22. Remember what Leonardo da Vinci said., artist, inventor, scientist, writer: “Iron rusts without finding any use for itself, stagnant water rots or freezes in the cold, and the human mind withers.”
23. Get good sleep.It is in a dream that the brain processes the information collected during the day and forms the memories. As calculated by the staff of the University of California at Berkeley, an adult usually has 6 to 8 hours of sleep.
24Read in new ways.You, of course, have already glimpsed this advice and moved on to the next. Try to go back and do this.
- Take a pencil and, leading them under the line, read the text. The eye, having caught movement, will run behind a pointer, reading thus everything that you have slipped to it. Each time accelerate the movement of the pencil - so your eyes will get used to the increased load, the reading speed will increase, and you can absorb information faster.
- 80% of people mentally speak the words when reading. You got this bad habit, learning to read: he spelled the text, then by syllables, then put them into words. But for understanding this is not at all necessary. To fight with the inner voice, learn to read the text, at the same time counting up to thirty or singing (without words) a song. A week or two you will not understand the content of the text, but gradually everything will come back to normal.
- According to physiologists, in a person who sees something exciting, the pupils are reflexively dilated. When you reach an interesting place in the text, the same thing is observed: the pupil expands, more light enters the eye, which means it can catch more information.The only problem is how to make yourself believe that the investigative protocol in front of you is just as interesting as the interview with the cover girl. From a neurophysiological point of view, interest arises at the moment when the brain compares new information with what is already in memory. So just guess what exactly can be written in the text. The brain will be forced to compare information with real and willy-nilly - to show interest.
25. Get yourself an unusual hobby.New activities, according to the Salk Institute of Biological Research in the suburbs of San Diego, firstly, help to distract from the routine, and secondly, force your brain to adapt to unfamiliar activities and, as a result, to train.
We sew cacti from felt (felt)
Oil with mushrooms - recipe
How to make the ceiling lighting
Chairs - flour of choice, or how not to be mistaken when choosing furniture
How to add a font in Photoshop