10 Tips To Be Cool INSTANTLY | How To Look & Act Cooler | Everybody Be COOL
How to Look Cool
Being cool is about giving off a vibe and an aura that you know yourself, you are ease with yourself, and you’re confident about who you are. The coolest people are aware of how the world perceives them and essentially don’t care because their opinions of themselves matter most. Looking cool is an extension of that self awareness and self confidence. There is no right or wrong way to be cool, but here are some tips to put you on the right path to cool.
Adopting a Cool Look
Choose classic pieces.Trends pieces are great for the here and now, but investing in classic pieces means that your cool will never go out of style.Make street-chic easily accessible by mixing and matching these timeless basics into your closet:
- White t-shirt
- Skinny jeans
- White button down
- Trench coat
- Statement jewelry
Wear some cool shades.Shades create a scaffolding effect to your features to add symmetry and attractiveness on your face.It adds an air of mystery because it eliminates a person’s ability to see your emotions through the windows of your soul. It’s instant glamour and instant edge.
- Don’t feel pressured to find the most expensive shades known to man, there are affordable shades in clothing stores that look equally as cool with half the price tag as bigger sunglasses brands.
Accessorize with trendy pieces.Trendy can be cute if done right and cool if you don’t take yourself too seriously. Choose small items that make large statements.
- Get a cool case for your iPhone that has designs on it.
- Wear stackable rings across each of your fingers.
- Wear a crossbody bag or an eccentric oversized clutch.
- Wear oversized earrings.
Keep your look simple.Sometimes simple is best and it’s our complexities that stop us from achieving the ultimate cool. Avoid flashy prints. Incorporate things that work with the style you’re going for and streamline your look to fit that aesthetic.
Wear darker colors.There is a correlation between wearing dark clothing and appearing stylish. Wearing black and colors that are dark in hue like it, make you appear attractive, intelligent, and confident.
- On some days, wear all black to look instantly put together from head-to-toe.
- For a simple day time look, wear a black leather jacket, a black t-shirt, black jeans, black boots, shades, and a black hat – perfect all black ensemble.
Looking Cool by Being You
Be yourself.It sounds simple enough, but it is so easy to get wrapped up in how-to advice and forget about how cool you are already just for existing. Every person is as unique and offers something different to the world which is a great and beautiful thing. “Cool” isn’t so much an aesthetic as it is a vibe, granted there are things that assist that vibe physically, but a lot of the work happens within. While it is okay to find yourself, it’s never okay to alter yourself just to fit the mold. Embrace what makes you different because that uniqueness is the key to looking cool. When you feel cool, you look cool.
- Go against the grain and like what you like, even if it is the road less traveled as far as interests go. If you are into gaming or anime conventions, but people rarely are, do your thing. If you enjoy staying in while others enjoy going out, do you. Don’t force yourself to be a part of what everyone else is doing. Instead find ways to be outgoing while being true to your wants and interest. That just makes you cooler and more interesting.
Own who you are and appreciate it as individuality.Know that even the best people, as with anything, come with good and bad. There are parts of yourself that you won’t like, aspects about your appearance that you wish to change, but instead of punishing yourself for your faults, own them and use them to your advantage. Embracing what makes you unique not only adds to reaffirming your overall sense of self, but it also adds to your confidence.
- Knowing not only who you are, but carrying intelligence in other areas of life: music, film, academics, sports adds a cool unique flair to your personality.
Be positive and kind.Be upbeat and optimistic. Draw people towards you with your sunny personality and award-winning smile. When you feel good about yourself, it usually bursts out of you and touches others around you, and the more positive and confident you are, the more like-minded individuals you’ll find in your circle. Attracting those personalities naturally round out your cool vibe.
Looking Cool in Style
Find a personal style.Choose a style icon whose look you connect with most and use them as style muse inspiration. Personal style aesthetics range from hipster to chic to glam to athletic, etc, and there are many combinations that stem from that. Is it the eclectic glam stylings of Rihanna or the effortlessly suave look of David Beckham?
- Make a board or collage that allows you to keep track of your inspirations. Write down outfit ideas you might have in a notebook to bookmark for later. This will allow you to keep track and stay true to your style goals.
- Clean your closet of anything that doesn’t align the new look you’re going for. Target items that you’ve only worn once and/or items you never wear and throw them in the trash. Starting new is often the best way to go when revamping your style.
Consider your budget when shopping for new items.Focus on items that will act as staples in your wardrobe, start and invest there, and then build around that. The great thing about style is it does not have to have a huge price tag in order to be considered great style, instead it’s how you wear your look that truly sells an outfit.
Create a signature.They are important when signing documents, but they are also important when it comes to adding punctuation to a look and elevating it even further. Choose a signature piece that represents you most. This can be done in a multitude of different ways.
- If you are a hat connoisseur, incorporate hats into all of your looks. Either have a favorite that acts a mainstay, like a wide-brimmed hat, or interchange them depending on the day and outfit.
- If you are into beauty, have a signature lipstick, a bright red or a deep mauve, or a signature smoky eye with a thick cat eye that everyone knows you by.
- Be the guy or girl with the best frames and invest in different kinds of eyeglasses. Make nerdy chic work for you.
- Mix old and new pieces and higher-end and thrifted pieces together to enhance your style while inflecting personality into your style even more.
Invest in your shoe game.Are you into sneakers? Are you into heels? A lot can be told about a person by what they decide to wear on their feet. It not only gives cues about your style, but it also gives cues about you. Be on trend and wear shoes in an unexpected way.
- Pair sneakers or cross trainers with your favorite dress or a suit.
- Wear a pair of heels with athletic gear like sweat pants and a tank top.
- Crossover the popular winter shoe over-the-knee boots for a spring time outfit of short shorts and be on trend with the latest lampshading effect.
Express yourself through your hair.Hair has its own sense of style as well. Wear it however it feels most comfortable to wear it. It can be a lot of trial and error through different cuts, lengths, colors, and preferred ponytail holder positions – but it’s worth the effort. Sometimes it is a stamp on its own and the more freedom you have with the way you style it, the more lasting of a memory you leave on people.
Looking Cool by Acting Cool
Be relaxed in your emotions and sense of self.Uptight is the opposite of cool. It projects fear, worry, concern, while cool is a state of being easy. You might have worries, but it’s not in your eyes or in your smile. You are at ease with where you are in life and it’s evident by how you navigate through life and your social circle. Be level-headed and present and coolness follows effortlessly.
Be self-assured in who you are and what you do.Not needing to require validation from others is essential to looking cool. You can go places and make decisions without considering other people’s opinions or allowing them to hold a great weight in their life influences. You seek validation from within yourself and it’s obvious in the way you don’t need or cling to people even if you are a sociable outgoing person.
Walk the walk.Looking cool is about projecting cool. Walk with your shoulders back and head held high with grace and confidence being the goal with how you hold your posture. Shift your center of gravity and poise yourself to walk like a model. Always walk as if someone is taking your picture from a distance.Great posture not only shows others your confidence and cool, but it also works wonders on how you perceive yourself as well.
Talk the talk.Speak knowingly on an array of subjects. Have a sense of humor about everything, laugh at your antics, and make jokes about other things. Don’t take yourself too seriously. Be open to listening to people and their problems while being responsive and advising in their times of need. Allow people to use you as a confidant. You become more interesting the more you are interested in other people.
- Be genuine in your interactions with other people
- Listen actively by being present in the conversation versus thinking of what to say next
- Be interested and introspective in the questions you ask to get to know people
- Find commonalities
- Don’t be afraid to offer new insight through your conversation
- Appreciate your qualities!
QuestionHow can I get people to be interested and want to be around me?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBe funny and a good listener. Be a good friend and compliment people. Be confident.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I look cool without being pretentious?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerCreate your own style and your own crowd. Be yourself.Thanks!
QuestionIs it cool to laugh a lot? I'm laughing a LOT, but I can't help it. Any advice?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes, but only at the right time because if you laugh at the wrong time then you would feel embarrassed.Thanks!
QuestionWhat is a good hair style?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThe best hairstyle changes with your type of face. If you have a small face, let your hair down. If you have a round face, put it up in a pony or a bun to make your face slimmer.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if other teens laugh at me for trying to look cool?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIgnore them. If you want to be cool, you have to be yourself and not worry about what others think about you.Thanks!
QuestionWhat do I do if I have to wear a uniform to school?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerIf you're required to wear specific items (i.e. khakis and a white button-front shirt), but you can buy them from wherever you want, you can buy those items with subtle variations that you like, that make yours slightly different. If your uniform is more strict and you have to buy it from the same vendor as others, you can do things like make sure your uniform fits right (not too big or too small), wear allowed jewelry items, or make subtle changes to your hair.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I look cool if I don't even look pretty?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerBe pretty. It may sound stupid, but by putting enough heart into it you can. Everyone is pretty and cool in their own way.Thanks!
QuestionWhat if I can't look cool? What should I do?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLooking cool is not that important. Be a nice and respectful person, that's what matters.Thanks!
Sources and Citations
In other languages:
Español: , Italiano: , Português: , Русский: , Français: , Deutsch:
Video: 7 Ways To INSTANTLY Look MORE ATTRACTIVE | How to Look More Attractive
Read the Hilarious Letter a Dad Wrote When His 6 Year Old Asked for Money
11Relationship Situations You Should Never Put upWith
How to Contest a Will
Chinas unveils new hypersonic anti-ship missile
Dior Snow Spring 2015 Makeup Collection
Pence says he personally challenged China with a South China Sea flyby
Lara Stone Teams Up With Frame Denim To Launch Supermodel-Approved Jeans
Best airlines in Europe 2019 ranked: Pictures, details
Sexy Celebrity Appearances That Made Us Say WOW
No matter what people think about Suicide Squad, it actually made a LOT of money
How to Take Pride in Your Work