Achma - an excellent and uncomplicated dish
Georgia is famous not only for its natural beauty, but also for its local cuisine. Those who have visited this mountainous country at least once unanimously say that they have never tasted anything tastier than Georgian dishes. The well-known khachapuri, lobio, khinkali, chakhokhbili and satsivi - the insatiable appetite “wakes up” from just one name.
Today we want to reveal the secrets of cooking achma - a dish considered a variety of khachapuri. Many, probably, tried this flour dish, consisting of numerous layers of unsweetened dough, which is boiled in boiling water. Suluguni or any other salty cheese is used as a filling.
The magical taste of this dish leaves no one indifferent. It is difficult to refuse a piece of freshly prepared hot acme even for those who follow their figure.
Do you want to create your own unforgettable masterpiece of Georgian cuisine? But it’s not at all easy to do, because its recipe is so simple and easily adapts to our products, that any housewife can make a delicious and appetizing sweetheart at home.And we, as usual, will help with this, and describe in detail how to prepare this dish using several of the most interesting recipes.
For the filling, not only suluguni is used, but also other cheeses: Imeretinsky, Adygei or brynza. If desired, the species can be combined, for example, mozzarella with cheese. If you want to make a cake with feta, then it is enough to soak it in water for 10-15 minutes, and when rubbing add quite a bit of butter. It will be very tasty if you make blackberries with curd and add chopped parsley to the filling.
But we offer you to cook a cheese cake according to the classic recipe. For this dish you need to stock up on such products:
- 3 eggs;
- 1 cup of warm water;
- 1 tbsp. l. vegetable oil;
- 3.5 glass of flour (top grade);
- 1/2 tsp. salts;
- 500 g of Suluguni cheese;
- 150 grams of butter.
Easy process of making Georgian cheesecake:
- In a shallow bowl, beat with a fork or whisk the eggs with water, add salt and vegetable oil.
- We take a bigger container, pour sifted flour there, make a well, and pour in the egg mixture.Knead not very steep dough (like dumplings), form a ball out of it, cover with a towel. We remove it for half an hour to insist.
- We rub on a large grater cheese.
- In a water bath, melt the butter.
- Divide the dough into equal parts. If the baking mold is of medium size (length 35 cm), then 7 equal pieces and 1 large (twice as large as the others) are obtained.
- Lubricate the form with butter. The largest piece is thinly rolled out and laid out on the bottom so that the edges remain, with which we will later cover the formed dish. Lubricate the layer with oil.
- The remaining pieces of dough are thinly rolled (5 mm thick) and one by one we throw in boiling salted water. Boil for one minute, gently reach and place in a container with cool water, immediately reach and transfer to a colander.
- Gently lay the dough on a dry towel, cover with another one.
- We put the boiled water in a mold on a damp layer. Lubricate it with butter, sprinkle with cheese chips. The same is done with the rest of the dough pieces.
- The top layer is also boiled, but only lubricated with oil.
- We put the cheese with the cheese in the maximum heated oven for half an hour.
The finished dish is cut into identical squares, laid out on plates and enjoy the divine taste!
On a quick hand
If friends or relatives unexpectedly came to you, and you have nothing to feed them, then there is a wonderful recipe for lazy acmma, which is prepared from pita bread. Cooked in such a fast way, the Georgian pie is very tender and tasty, and is eaten as fast as the classic achma.
So, prepare the following ingredients:
- 300 g of any salty cheese;
- 2 pcs. thin pita;
- 400 g of kefir (any fat content);
- 2 eggs;
- 40 g butter.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with kefir.
- Using a large grater, we rub the cheese, if desired, it can be finely chopped.
- In a baking dish we lay out a sheet of pita bread, while not cutting the edges, we will close the cake from above.
- We grease the bottom with a mixture of kefir and egg, sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- In the form of cutting the following sheets of pita. One of them we cover the filling, pour the mixture again, and lay out the cheese. Similarly form other layers.
- From above we cover the cake with the free edges of the lowest pita. Fill with mixture and lay out small cubes of oil on top.
- We leave the lazy achmu on the table for a quarter of an hour so that it gets soaked.
- Put the cheese cake in the preheated oven for 25-40 minutes, and periodically check - whether a ruddy crust formed.
This Georgian snack is best eaten hot, but even in preheated form it is eaten with a huge appetite.
If you try to make a classical version of Achma or cook it from pita bread, then you will want to create other masterpieces of Georgian cuisine with your own hands. And your family will be happy to try unusual, but such delicious dishes.
After such a transformation, the old chest of drawers turned into a stylish sideboard
Favorite number on the Megaphone
How to cook mushrooms stitch and morels
Secrets of the perfect makeup for selfie
What is a truffle
What to do with a hornet bite