Always boiled beets only for salads, but this recipe turned my life around!
Until recentlybeetrootI used only to make salads, and of course borscht. But then caught the eye of a recipe that expanded my culinary horizons!
A cake with nuts, spices and beets is as tasty as it is beautiful. The slightly moist texture and unusually bright color of the crumb make this baking similar to the legendary “Red Velvet”, and the combination of nuts and spices leave an unforgettable gastronomic impression.
Cupcake with nuts
- 3 medium sized cooked beets
- 3 eggs
- 150 ml of yogurt or low-fat sour cream
- 200 g sugar
- 50 ml of vegetable oil
- 75 g flour
- 200 g of semolina
- 150 g walnuts
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ground cloves
- butter for lubricating forms
- Boiled (or baked) sodium beets on a grater with small holes.
Walnutsput it in a bag and roll it with a rolling pin. Also they can be chopped finely with a knife.
- Eggsbeat with sugar until bubbles appear, add vegetable oil, yogurt (you can also use yogurt, liquid sour cream).
- Pouring into the liquid mass flour, semolina, baking powder,cinnamonand a pinch of ground cloves. Add also grated beets and chopped walnuts.
- Baking mold greasebutterand powder flour. Pour in the dough. Bake the cake at 180 degrees 40-50 minutes. Willingness to check a wooden toothpick or a match.
- Allow the cupcake to cool slightly in shape, then gently remove. Decorate with powdered sugar and bring it to the table!
Not everyone will decide on such an experiment, but the dish in this case really deserves praise. A gorgeous gift by February 14 turned out! My collection of recipes has been replenished with another great beetroot dish.
What dishes to cook for the New Year 2016?
Creative Gift Wrapping Paper
New Year's composition
How to forgive a grudge
What is a truffle
Nifuroksazid: instructions for use, indications, price
Soap bubbles with their own hands