Basic rules for a cheese platter
Cheese plate (board) is a set of elite cheeses, which are served as a complete dish, as well as a dessert or snack to wine. Most restaurants include this dish in their menu, so for many gourmets, visitors to the respective establishments, such a plate is not news. By the way, if there is a desire to make a cheese composition at home, then it is quite possible!
The main thing is to get acquainted with the basic rules of its formation, to choose the right cheese platter, to decide what to serve it with and, of course, to allocate all this money.
Let's see how to make a cheese plate? General rules for the formation of dishes:
- Preparation of cheese plate is recommended to do in advance (about the day before filing), wrapping cheeses in food film or foil and hiding them in a separate container of the refrigerator. Half an hour before serving, take them from the refrigerator, free them from the film and leave them on the table at room temperature, so that the bouquet of cheese flavor opens up in all its glory.
- Cheese board should be formed from an odd number of cheeses: 5, 7, 9 ... This rule is desirable to follow in order not to fall under the condemnation of gourmets and chefs. By the way, with the number of pieces you should not overdo it - you can not arrange them correctly and beautifully.
- The ideal cheese plate consists of cheese:
The composition of the cheeseboard must include noble, high-quality, expensive cheeses such as:
When buying cheeses, be sure to pay attention to the label. If there is a PDO, DOP, AOC mark on it, then this is a guarantee of high quality.
- You should pay attention not only to the composition of the cheese plate, but also to its design! Slices should be placed on the dish alternately clockwise, starting from the most tender (soft) cheese and ending with the sharpest (hard) look. It is necessary to ensure that the pieces are not in contact with each other. This will prevent them from absorbing each other's scent. An alternative is also allowed: a spicy type of cheese unfolds on the edges of the plate, a little lower - soft, and in the center the most tender look.
- The cutting of cheeses is made with special knives, but some experts recommend cutting some types (for example, blue ones) with a fishing line. Such a device will not damage the mold.Solid varieties are cut with massive knives with handles at two ends. To cut the line wavy, use knives with a blade "wave".
- To cut cheeses it is possible slices of the different form: slices, segments, brusochkami, cubes, and also thin leaves, turning them in a tube. Experienced gourmets recommend cutting in such a way that in one piece you can try out the edges, crust and core of each specimen presented. The cheese is served in such a way that each guest gets 50 grams of each type.
- Serve cheese assortment is better on a wooden base. It can be a plate or a board. If there is no such dishes, then it is quite acceptable to make a composition on porcelain, ceramic or glass. In some restaurants a faience plate with a wooden base is used to serve the cheese composition. If the pieces are large, then knives or wooden sticks are presented along with the dish.
- There is a good tradition to combine cheese assortment with other ingredients: pieces of fruit, sauces and nuts. The selection of the accompanying components must be approached quite seriously,because certain components harmonize with certain types of cheese:
- blue cheeses combined with cherry, pineapple, kiwi, grapes, nuts;
- perfectly combined with celery shoots;
- hard varieties are suitable dates, dried apricots, raisins, avocados;
- Brie and Camembert require berries with sourness: strawberries or blueberries.
The following components are suitable for all varieties of cheese:
- nuts, and in particular almonds, walnuts, hazelnuts;
- jam (preferably apricot and figs), marmalade and even liquid honey (for lovers of this product);
- pears, apples and other fresh fruit;
- figs, both fresh and dried;
- dried fruits, for example, raisins;
- fresh crisp bread, baguette or English cracker;
- greens, mint, arugula;
- coffee beans.
Having a composition, it's time to start choosing a drink. Cheese plate and wine are the perfect combination! And the harder the taste of the first, the richer the tone of the second.
It is important to know that a particular wine is suitable for a particular cheese, for example:
- goat combined with sovinionom;
- Camembert, brie - with red wine of fruit taste and aroma.
And finally, a tip: if there were pieces of cheese after the party, then pay attention to the duration of their storage:
- goat is least suitable - about 14 days;
- semi-solid - up to 30 days;
- solid - good for 90 days (if put in the freezer).
Given all the above rules, you can easily arrange your cheese plate.
How to choose a telescope
Nifuroksazid: instructions for use, indications, price
They will save your skin: irreplaceable sunscreen on vacation
What are the types of managers
We create a useful thing in the household from a plastic bottle
How to forgive a grudge
How to earn webmoney