Homemade Cranberry Almond Granola Healthy and Nutritious
SERVINGS:19 |TOTAL TIME:1 hr 5 min
2/3 cup juice, apple unsweetened concentrate, thawed
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup oil, almond or oil, canola
1/4 cup sugar, brown, dark packed
1 tablespoon cinnamon, ground
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 cups oats, rolled (not quick-cooking)
1 cup wheat germ, toasted
1 cup nuts, almonds, raw coarsely chopped
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 cup cranberries, dried divided
1. Position racks in the top and bottom thirds of the oven; preheat to 325°F. Coat 2 large baking sheets with sides with cooking spray.
2. Whisk apple juice concentrate, maple syrup, oil and brown sugar in a medium saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cinnamon and salt.
3. Mix oats, wheat germ, almonds and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Stir in the juice mixture; toss to coat.
4. Spread the granola evenly on the prepared baking sheets.
5. Bake the granola for 15 minutes, stirring once or twice. Reverse sheets top to bottom and back to front. Continue baking until lightly browned and aromatic, stirring frequently, about 15 minutes more.
6. Transfer the baking sheets to wire racks; stir 1/2 cup dried cranberries into the granola on each sheet. Let cool completely.
Video: Honey Almond Granola with Raisins & Cranberries
Scary Stat of the Day
How to Accept an LGBTQ Person
Quick Sexy Party Hair Ideas
What Do Jack White, Johnny Depp Face Paint All Have InCommon
Most Docs OK With Medical Marijuana: Survey
Cancer News Highlights From the ASTRO Meeting
How to Know if a Female Tiger Is in Heat
The Reason Prince William and Kate Middleton Have Been So Affectionate Lately
10 Messy Braided Long Hairstyle Ideas for Weddings Vacations
How to Analyze Adverts for Job Applications
How to Prevent the Long-Term Health Effects of Asthma
How to get thicker hair: 6 hacks to get you results