Features cooking perfect pike
Pike is a special fish that occupies a separate place in Russian cooking. Swift and merciless, a real thunderstorm of freshwater, it is almost always in motion in search of its next prey.
Interestingly, pike has practically no real enemies, with the exception of the man who appreciated all the taste qualities of this predatory villain. Since the time of Russia, it was impossible to surprise the hostess with such fish, pike dishes were present at almost every Russian feast, and it doesn’t matter poor or even royal.
True, some housewives confidently say that they do not like pike, they say, it is always with a specific smell, tough meat and an impressive number of bones it can hardly be called really tasty. And all because such a fish needs to be able to cook properly, it is more delicate and difficult to process, but believe me, the result is worth it!
Due to its activity and mobility, its meat is practically devoid of fat, but, if done correctly, the result is a very juicy, tender and flavorful dish.We will talk about how to cook delicious pike today.
Secrets of cooking
- Today it is rare, when one can pamper oneself with freshly caught pike, more often we acquire it in fresh-frozen form in stores. Be sure to pay attention to its smell - it should be quite pleasant with a slight touch of mud, as well as the appearance of the gills and meat. It is better not to buy carcasses that weigh more than 4 kg, as a rule, these are already old individuals, from which it will be really difficult to cook something tasty.
- Individuals caught at the end of autumn are considered to be the most ideal in taste - during this period, she manages to collect her own maximum fat, with the result that the dish turns out to be more juicy.
- Pike is such a unique fish from which you can cook an incredible variety of dishes. There are many recipes on this subject, you just need to choose what is more to your taste. Perhaps the most popular and well-known option is the most delicate stuffed pike, which, of course, cannot be called an everyday dish, it is rather a festive and banquet option. Such fish is also baked in the oven - in whole or in pieces in foil, fried, cutlets, aspic, zrazy or stewed under various sauces.
- The best accompanying ingredients for this product are: carrots, parsley, onions, basil, celery, bell pepper, bay leaves and spices.
- To save the freshwater hunter from the peculiar smell of the reservoir, it must first be soaked in milk (30-180 minutes). Another option is to place lemon slices in a carved carcass for a couple of hours, or keep it in a spicy brine.
- A popular recipe for stuffing fish greatly scares inexperienced housewives that, according to the rules, the skin of the carcass must be removed so as not to damage it. At first glance, this seems unrealistic, but not everything is as difficult as it seems: for this, the head and fins and abdomen are carefully separated, and the fins are not removed, but only a few small cuts along the edge are made. Then the skin should be carefully pulled and removed, like a stocking. Then, according to the recipe, minced meat is prepared from meat and other ingredients, with which the skin is stuffed.
Recipe for pike in the oven with mushrooms and onions
For the preparation we need:
- pike - 1 medium carcass;
- champignon mushrooms - 500 g;
- butter - 100 g;
- onions - 4 pcs .;
- sour cream - 200 g;
- lemon - 1 pc .;
- salt, black pepper, spices.
The fish must first be prepared, for this we cut off the head, gills and fins, carefully separate the skin. We wash the carcass and then divide it into portions with a sharp knife, dry them with paper towels and rub with salt, pepper, spices, sprinkle with lemon juice and put several slices inside.
We leave the pike to stand, and at this time we peel and chop the onion into thin half-rings, peel the mushrooms and cut it into small pieces. Fry the onions and mushrooms in a well-heated butter.
Now we are preparing the baking sheet in any convenient way: we will simply grease it with melted butter, and top with fish pieces. Sprinkle lemon juice on top and then cover the pike with a layer of roasted mushrooms. Sprinkle with salt and pepper on top, pour sour cream and send to bake in the oven, the heating temperature is 200 °. The dish should take a crust, cooking time - about 30 minutes.
Pike Stuffed Recipe
Let's cook a real royal dish! We will use the whole carcass (2 kg) - together with the head and tail. In addition to the fish, we will need:
- rice - 1 cup;
- prunes - 100 g;
- butter - 50 g;
- eggs - 2 pcs.
Pre-pike must be gutted, carefully cut the gills, rinsed and cleaned, head, fins and tail are left in place. If you are afraid of the river smell, then put the fish in the milk for an hour. Let's do the filling: for this, you need to soak the rice, finely chop the prunes, and boil the eggs and cool.
After that, we mix the chopped prunes, eggs, swollen rice and slightly softened butter (a tablespoon is enough), add salt and pepper to taste. We take out a pike, wipe it with paper napkins and not too tightly stuff its abdomen with ready stuffing.
When everything is ready, you will need to sew it up with a regular thread and send it to bake in the oven for about 90 minutes, after it has been smeared with butter and sprinkled with spices.
How is the maternity hospital established?
Reel of Scotch Caskets
Eggplant caviar is a great snack for the whole family
How to train on stepper