How can I apply lemon oil?
Lemon oil has a pleasant invigorating aroma and can be used for a variety of purposes. Learn how to apply it properly, with health and beauty benefits.
Lemon essential oil is obtained from the peel of this bright citrus fruit, usually by cold pressing, but steam distillation is also used. The composition of the obtained product includes the mass of beneficial substances, including organic acids, various terpenes (limonene, myrcene, camphene), ascorbic acid, vitamins A, E, PP and group B, magnesium, sodium, chlorine, sulfur, potassium and other components.
Interesting fact! To obtain one liter of oil will need about sixty kilograms of citrus peel.
What is useful lemon oil?
The benefits of lemon oil are as follows:
- Antiviral activity helps the human body to cope with influenza viruses, herpes and others.
- Antiseptic and antibacterial effects allow you to destroy bacteria and prevent their reproduction. And still lemon oil is an excellent natural disinfectant.
- The product tones up, charges with cheerfulness, helps to increase efficiency and restore the body after suffering severe diseases.
- Lemon oil has a beneficial effect on the nervous system: eliminates increased nervous excitability, improves sleep, reduces the risk of depression and increases stress resistance.
- There are antispasmodic and analgesic properties, allowing to arrest the pain in different conditions.
- The whitening effect ensures the alignment of the color of the nail plates, the elimination of hyperpigmentation of the skin, giving the skin an even color.
- Lemon oil is useful for varicose veins, atherosclerosis and other vascular diseases, as it strengthens their walls, reduces brittleness, and prevents stretching.
- In case of colds and fevers, an antipyretic effect will be useful, normalizing body temperature and eliminating chills and fever.
- The product has a mild diuretic effect, removes excess fluid from the body, preventing the formation of edema.
- The oil evens the skin’s relief, restores its structure, improves elasticity and improves the condition.
- The product can be used for antifungal therapy.
- With the help of lemon oil, you can eliminate the unpleasant smell emanating from the feet or mouth.
- Another useful feature is scaring off insect pests.
- The product promotes wound healing.
How to use lemon oil? It is used in various fields, for example, in medicine for the treatment of diseases, in everyday life, in cosmetology for the care of hair, nails and skin. And there are a few general rules:
- Use high-quality oil purchased in a pharmacy.
- Essential oil is usually applied in diluted form.
- Before use, perform an allergic test: apply a drop on your wrist and watch your skin. If there are no changes, application is allowed.
Application in folk medicine includes different recipes:
- With cough and runny nose, effective inhalation. In a liter of hot water, dissolve 15 drops of oil and breathe above capacity if the body temperature is not elevated. The duration of the procedure is 10 minutes.
- When rinsing the throat with broths, add lemon oil to them: 5-10 drops per cup.
- Mix 5-10 drops of lemon ether with a small amount of olive oil and rub into sore spots: whiskey - for migraines, knees - for pain in the joints.
- It is possible to apply dissolved in purified water oil to wounds, herpetic eruptions.
- To strengthen the blood vessels and immunity, as well as the removal of excess fluid, add a drop of oil in a glass of water and drink the drink after each meal (only three times).
Methods of use for hair care:
- After shampooing, rinse the curls, adding 7-10 drops per liter of filtered water.
- Apply literally five drops of lemon oil on the comb and proceed to the usual procedure. Curls will glisten and find a subtle, pleasant fragrance.
- Make an oil mask, dissolving 10 tablespoons of lemon ether in five tablespoons of burdock oil. Rub the mass into the scalp massage movements, distribute the length of the curls.
- You can add a few drops to the store cosmetics and care products: shampoos, conditioners, sprays, balms.
Facial skin care options:
- To eliminate pigment spots and freckles, add 5-10 drops of lemon oil to two tablespoons of yogurt or natural yogurt. Apply the mixture on your face, soak for half an hour and rinse.
- Dilute cosmetic clay with water to a mushy state, add seven drops of lemon oil, apply the composition on your face and wait until it is completely dry, then wash with warm water.
- Add oil in tonic, lotion or gel for washing.
- You can enter the product in almost any homemade masks.
To whiten teeth, you can just drop a little bit of oil (literally a few drops) on the toothpaste before brushing your teeth. Rinse your mouth thoroughly after the procedure. In this way, bleach the enamel daily for two weeks. Another option is to conduct rinsing with the addition of 1-2 drops.
You can also whiten and smooth your nails if you drop a drop of oil on each plate and rub in liquid. Add the product to the baths for hands or oils used to strengthen the nails.
Oil helps in the fight against cellulite, if you add it to body scrubs, use when wrapping or mix with base oils and massage movements applied to problem areas.
To improve the microclimate in the apartment or house, you can conduct aromatherapy sessions daily. To do this, use a specialized oil burner or just drip a few drops on a sponge or cotton pad.Aroma and volatile components will improve breathing, elevate mood, energize, eliminate unpleasant odors in the room, and drive away moths and other insects.
To flavor and give a pleasant citrus flavor lemon oil in small quantities can be added to pastries, mousses, puddings, ice cream, creams, jellies, jams, cocktails and drinks. Also the product is used for preparation of marinades. But only a few drops are enough.
Contraindications include individual hypersensitivity and allergy tendency. Use caution during pregnancy and lactation, do not give lemon oil to children at an early age. If any unpleasant symptoms occur, discontinue use.
Let lemon oil help strengthen your health and find beauty!
How to grow a magical edelweiss
How to choose children'
How to go to Spain
Stylish tile hog - the highlight of your interior