How to care for baby teeth?
Whether your child has a “Hollywood smile” depends primarily on you. To have beautiful healthy teeth, you need to start caring for them before birth. For their proper formation, the future mommy must observe a balanced diet, including all the necessary elements. And after birth crumbs to monitor the condition of the cavity of his mouth, taking care of every tooth that appeared.
If milk teeth are temporary and fall out anyway, this is not a reason for a careless attitude towards them. Care for the first teeth allows avoiding problems with permanent teeth and familiarizing the child with hygiene rules at an early age.
Why is this so important?
Oral hygiene minimizes the possibility of pulpitis and caries. The first teeth have the fine structure of hard tissues and a large pulp chamber, and therefore even minor caries entails pulpitis, characterized by inflammation of the neurovascular tissue.
Also, they are very vulnerable to bacteria. Abundant salivation during the eruption helps to clear them and slow the development of caries, but if the baby's nutrition is not adjusted to the proper level and the mother does not inspect the oral cavity, the milk teeth can quickly deteriorate.
Prevention includes early visits to the dentist and nutrition, in which the mineralization of the dental tissue must contain the necessary minerals and trace elements. Required products include:
- a fish;
- fresh pressed juices;
It is also important to strengthen the immune system and the physical development of the crumbs, because each disease refuses a negative effect on the teeth. But the functions of these "firstborn" are not only in chewing food! Healthy first teeth in a child help:
- correctly pronounce the sounds;
- form the correct bite;
- form a healthy permanent teeth that are located next to the temporary teeth and can be infected through a cavity affected by caries.
That is why responsible parents are wondering about the proper cleaning of milk teeth as soon as the baby is born.
Dentists and pediatricians insist on the need for careful care of temporary teeth. And for the child to take care of them afterwards with pleasure, it is worthwhile to inspire him with a personal example. What do parents need to know?
- The most important in the recommendations for care - as soon as the milk teeth appear, they should immediately be taken care of. At the age of several months, the baby cannot do this on her own, so Mom should clean her mouth daily with a special silicone toothbrush. For ease of use, she puts a brush on her finger and gently cleans everything in the mouth of the crumbs until he reaches one year old.
- Once the child turns a year old, you can begin to accustom him to an ordinary toothbrush. Let him familiarize himself with the subject and repeat all the movements for you. Of course, without the help of the mother, the procedure will resemble the game, but as soon as he gets used to the regularity of the process, it will be possible to master the technique of proper cleaning. It should be noted that up to six years, children are not able to carefully and efficiently care for the oral cavity without parental control.
- Careful and conscientious attitude to milk teeth will help to avoid caries, which means painful treatment and, in some cases, removal. Dentists advise not to pull out temporary teeth. Untimely removed, they affect the unevenness of permanent teeth. Try to keep the baby teeth of the baby whole and strong!
- When choosing a brush for the child, be guided by two main criteria - the softness of the bristles and the size of the brush head. The head should be small, two teeth. Her bristles are soft, non-traumatic gums. Change your toothbrush once every three months.
- Toothpaste is used by children from the age of two. Kids can swallow it, so it should not contain fluoride. Fluorine-containing pastes can be bought at a later age, when the child performs the procedure more intelligently.
- How many times a day to brush your teeth? At least twice in the morning and in the evening. Ideally, always after meals.
- When cleaning using the following technology. Movements are made from the gums to the top of the teeth, imitating sweeping. But horizontal movements can injure the gums and lead to their bleeding and inflammation.Parents can teach the correct movements of the baby with joint daily exercise.
- To obtain the desired effect, the cleaning is made at least two minutes, which is quite a long time for the baby. You can be interested in it, noting time with the help of an hourglass or conducting the first procedures in a game form.
- Finishing brush your teeth, do not forget about the tongue. Explain to the child that he also needs cleaning.
- Teach your baby to handle a personal toothbrush. It should be kept clean in a designated area, bristled up.
- Rinsing the mouth is done carefully, so that the remnants of toothpaste do not fall into the stomach.
Only patience and daily attention to the child will allow to keep his teeth, to teach the crumb an elementary, but very necessary in the further life of actions.
Hygienic care for baby teeth without a child using healthy products is not effective enough. It is necessary to teach the child to eat food that is rich in calcium:
- cottage cheese;
- hard cheese;
- milk and dairy products;
- green leafy vegetables;
- gooseberries with currants and cherries.
And so that calcium is better absorbed - egg yolk and butter.Do not oversaturate his diet with carbohydrates, rarely feed bread and potatoes, sweet foods.
Seven commandments for parents
Want to keep the baby healthy teeth, dairy and permanent? Following the seven rules will help you with this:
- "No" to the sweet and flour!
- "Yes" to vigorous and prolonged chewing, preferably fruits with vegetables.
- Drink should not be fast. Any liquid must be kept in the mouth for a minute or two.
- Rinsing the mouth at the end of the meal is necessary. Especially after sweets!
- Cleaning with paste is done daily twice a day, in the mornings and evenings.
- For eating choose fluorinated salt.
- Preventive visits to the dentist at least 2-3 times a year.
Good teeth - good health. Help the child from early years to form the right attitude to his health, instilling in him the love for such simple, and such necessary hygienic procedures as oral care.
Simple Bead & Ribbon Bracelet
How to clean the door from paint
How to excite a girl
Weather in Moscow in August 2018 - accurate forecast of the hydrometeorological center for the capital and the Moscow region
Embroider a sparkling penguin brooch