How to clean leather and suede gloves
How are the gloves? It is safer to take them to dry cleaning, but if there is no such possibility, you can do it at home. I recall a few simple but important features of care.
- You can not dry gloves made of genuine leather and suede on the battery. It is detrimental to the product, it will quickly become worthless, crack and deform.
- If the gloves are very wet (they fell under rain, snow, fell into a puddle, etc.), they should be dried. Lay flat on a vertical surface where they will dry in natural conditions.
- Can not be washed in a typewriter. The less water gets during cleaning, the better.
- Keep gloves away from sunlight and excessive moisture. There must be good air exchange in the storage area.
It is time for self-cleaning leather and suede gloves. To start, think about precautions.
Prepare the material for cleaning. At the beginning of the gloves is better to dry. With wet suede is difficult to clean the dirt, and the material may suffer. This also applies to leather goods. Dirty dirt and sand can be cleaned with a soft nap brush.Raw leather gloves can be wiped with a soft, moistened cloth or cotton pad.
Features of cleaning white, dark or color options may vary. Note that the prepared product can damage the structure of the color, and violate the unity of color on the material. Read the instructions carefully before use and follow them. Be careful with home processing methods.
Effective folk methods of cleaning leather gloves
Suitable for cleaning white leather gloves. Does not damage the paint, gives shine and decent appearance.
- Separate the protein from the yolk.
- Beat the protein in a steady foam.
- We rub the resulting foam into the skin over the entire surface, paying attention to the seams and joints between the fingers, there is a lot of pollution and darkening.
- We are waiting for some time until the skin absorbs protein.
- Wipe the surface with a soft cloth or cotton pad.
White, cream, bright gloves will be like new.
Onion, milk, egg
Products light leather gloves back beauty and do not violate the color of the skin.The method is easy to use.
- Cut onions into pieces so that it is comfortable to hold in your hand. Wipe them over the entire surface several times.
- Milk and egg mix in the same proportion, whisk as for an omelette and put on gloves. Wait for the liquid to be absorbed. After 15 minutes, wipe with a soft cloth. Use the mixture as an additional means after rubbing with onions, and independently.
Onion juice well removes salting and contamination, degreases. Milk with an egg softens the material and makes the skin shine.
Bread and Milk
Breadcrumbs (black rye or white wheat), soak in milk to obtain slurry. Apply on the product, after half an hour, remove with a cotton pad or cloth.
Juice lemon moisten cotton pad and wipe leather gloves. This method is suitable for light shades, as the lemon whitens, degreases and removes impurities without harm to the material.
Ammonia and turpentine
- Ammonia degreases, cleans from dirt and stubborn stains. In a bowl, combine 10% solution of ammonia and water in a ratio of 1: 4, add 2-3 drops of liquid soap.Stir, soak a cotton swab in the solution and repeatedly wipe the gloves, paying attention to contaminated sites.
- Turpentine can be mixed with gasoline, in a 1: 2 ratio. Using a sponge or soft-bristled brush, clean and then wipe the accessory with a cloth moistened with warm water. And dry.
It can be used with wine alcohol. It is necessary to mix in equal proportions, wipe the gloves more than once, until the pollution disappears. Then wipe with a dry cloth.
In purified gasoline add water (1: 1). In the mixture we lower the gloves for 15-20 minutes. We take out, wipe with a clean and dry cloth, dry on a vertical surface. With persistent stains, the procedure can be done twice. Use protective rubber gloves.
Features of cleaning light products
Care should be taken when cleaning products made of light leather and suede. Among the popular methods that do not leave yellow spots, we can mention liquid ammonia, egg white, bread crumb, vinegar. From household chemicals, you need to choose special products to clean light suede and leather.
The best folk cleaning methods for suede gloves
Suede gloves are more demanding in the care than leather. To dry them without loss of form, you need to put a medical glove on your hand, top the suede and carefully remove it together. To inflate a rubber glove, to fasten at the basis and in such kind to dry.
Warm milk and soda
Take a glass of warm milk, add a teaspoon of soda, stir. With a cotton pad, slightly moisten the zamsh, and then wipe the entire surface. Can be cleaned with a soft bristled toothbrush.
Wash in a mild soap solution
Suede gloves can be washed in a mild soap solution. Put them on your hands and gently move the three together. Rinse well, changing the water several times until it becomes clear.
Water and ammonia
In a glass of water, add 50 ml of ammonia, mix. Dissolve the entire surface of the mortar. You can briefly lower them into this solution (1-2 minutes). Blot with a towel, do not unscrew or squeeze! And dry.
Vinegar and water
To remove the shiny spots take a glass of water, add a tablespoon of vinegar, stir. We process the shiny areas with a solution.Do not be zealous enough to get wet.
Well removes salting. Sprinkle the dirty areas, leave for a few hours. Scrub with a soft brush.
During the procedure, replace dirty cotton pads with clean. So cleansing will be more effective.
Household chemicals for cleaning gloves made of leather and suede
In stores, the range of products for the care of leather and suede gloves is huge.
- Cleaners.They are used to clean and restore the look of leather and suede. In use are simple. Do not require special tools. Shine the skin.
- Water repellent.Available in aerosol form. Easy to use.
- Cream.With it, you can restore the skin, paint over rubbing, protect, provide shine.
- Wax.Special for leather goods. Protects from moisture, dust and dirt.
- Foam for cleaning.Put on gloves and leave for some time. Remove the excess with a sponge.
- Stain remover.The name speaks for itself. Effectively removes stains, even old ones.
- Cleansing wet wipes.Remove small dirt. Give shine.
Useful tips and tricks
- Store gloves in cardboard boxes, you can use special inserts made of cardboard.
- If suede gloves become cramped after cleansing, they can be wrapped in a damp towel, held for 1-2 hours, then put on and worn until dry. You can use special nozzles. Not the fastest way, but effective.
- To clean the fur, you can use talc. Pour it inside, distribute evenly, leave for 2-3 hours, then shake out.
With proper care, gloves will serve the owner for more than one season. At home cleaning, keep proportions and choose acceptable methods.
Set of a cap and a snug beautiful pattern
Ashley Graham created a collection of swimwear for Swim Suits For All
About growing crystals at home
Pie filling - recipe
16 small tricks for female beauty