How to cook a Greek salad - classic, with cheese, with beans
Hello, novice chefs and experienced chefs! I present to your attention the step-by-step recipes of the classic Greek salad with fetax and brynza.
The history of Greek salad is simple, like the products from which it is made. In the salad there is something that is grown on the territory of Greece - fresh vegetables, greens, olives, oregano, olive oil and feta cheese. The Greeks call the dish rustic salad. It is eaten with white bread croutons, which are dipped in juice produced by sheep cheese and vegetables.
Historians say that a set of vegetables was transformed into a full-fledged salad only at the beginning of the last century, when a chef who came to Greece cut and mixed products. Until then, the Greeks ate whole vegetables.
According to the Greeks, salad is the epitome of Greece. It is not surprising, because it consists of products that are traditional for this country.Consider how to cook a classic Greek salad with fetaksa and cheese at home.
Greek salad recipe classic with brynza
Not every person can go to Greece, but pamper the family with the sophistication of Greek cuisine to anyone. I will tell you how to prepare a Greek salad with cheese on a classic recipe. The procedure takes a little time, and the result gives a lot of unforgettable sensations.
The ready-made snack gets a festive and bright appearance. He can even decorate an ordinary table. I recommend serving with baked lamb, although roast goose will do.
- Tomatoes - 2 pcs.
- Sweet pepper - 0.5 pcs.
- Cucumber - 1 pc.
- Sheep cheese - 200 g
- Green salad - 1 bunch.
- Black olives - 200 g.
- Olive oil.
- Pepper cut into strips and combine with shredded lettuce and cucumber, cut into strips. In the mixture, add the halved olives. Some cooks add them as a whole.
- Strong tomatoes cut into strips, soft - slices. Prepared tomatoes put in a dish.
- Cheese, cut into small cubes, is added last.
- Mix the snack, move to a salad bowl and send for an hour in the refrigerator. It remains to fill with olive oil. Garnish with parsley or green salad.
Get ready to prepare a masterpiece, and I plan to cook a delicious rabbit, which delights all relatives.
Greek salad classic recipe with fetaxa
Now I will teach you how to cook Greek salad with fetaxa. Preparing a masterpiece requires little effort, and the result is a mixture of goodness and unsurpassed taste.
The cheese provided by the recipe is suitable for preparing many snacks. It has a special salty taste, thanks to which the dish gets a unique taste.
- Tomato - 2 pcs.
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 pc.
- Fresh cucumbers - 2 pcs.
- Fetaks cheese - 150 g.
- Salt, olive oil, olives, salad.
- Cut the listed vegetables into slices. Do the same with cheese. It has a complete structure, so the cheese cubes will be smooth.
- In the vegetable mass, add chopped lettuce leaves and olives, cut into rings. I advise you to put the halves of olives or send in a salad bowl as a whole.
- It remains to fill the treat with oil and sprinkle with salt. After thorough but careful mixing, the dish is ready for presentation. It looks gorgeous because the ingredients of different colors are filled with paint.
This salad is combined with all the second dishes. These are stuffed peppers, fragrant cabbage rolls or mashed potatoes.
A treat is the basis for the realization of culinary ideas. You can add products to it as you like. Some craftsmen put garlic and dill, while others add cabbage. You know better what to add.
How to cook a Greek salad with beans
It is no secret that white beans are the most popular vegetable product. Thanks to its nutritious and useful properties, it is used in cooking and in folk medicine. Beans are a source of soluble fiber, useful acids, magnesium, vitamins and minerals.
Cooks use beans to make all kinds of dishes, including Greek salad. For snacks use both fresh and canned beans. A matter of taste.
- Lemon juice - 50 ml.
- Dill - 1 bunch.
- Olive oil, oregano, pepper and salt.
- Sweet pepper - 2 pcs.
- Cucumber - 2 pcs.
- Tomatoes - 500 g
- Canned beans - 500 g.
- Onion - 2 heads.
- Feta cheese - 70 g.
- Lettuce salad - 1 head.
- Initially, make a gas station. Mix in a container of lemon juice with salt, oregano, olive oil and pepper. After mixing, set the dressing aside.
- Remove the sweet pepper from the seeds and the core and cut into strips. I advise you to take a green pepper. He, along with white beans, will make the dish appetizing and picturesque.
- Peeled cucumbers cut along, and then across. The result will be semi-circles. Combine them with chopped pepper. In the bowl with these ingredients, send the chopped dill along with chopped tomatoes and shredded onions.
- Add canned beans. She initially put in a colander, and when the liquid drains, send it to a salad. Salt, sprinkle with pepper and mix.
- It remains to lay the bottom of the serving plates with lettuce leaves, lay out the salad mass and decorate with chopped small cubes of cheese.
- Fill the culinary delicacies with the previously prepared mixture. No need to mix.
Greek salad with beans is prepared elementary and fast.Nevertheless, he is able to defeat even the most sophisticated gourmet, especially if you serve it along with roasted salmon or meat.
Cooking Greek Chicken Salad
Now you will learn how I cook Greek salad with chicken. This hearty meal can replace dinner. It consists of fresh vegetables and chicken meat, with no mayonnaise. Do not forget to write a recipe in a diary.
This culinary masterpiece is combined with red wine. Cheese, provided by the recipe, you can replace the cheese. The result will not change. I often replace chicken with turkey. Such a minor improvisation is always appropriate and helps to bring in a bit of variety.
- Tomato - 2 pcs.
- Cucumber - 3 pcs.
- Chicken fillet - 500 g
- Luchok - 1 head.
- Feta Cheese - 60 g.
- Olive oil.
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Olives - 0.25 cup.
- Garlic - 2 slices.
- Oregano, greens, pepper.
- Rinse meat, cut fat and towel dry. Send in a plastic bag and pour marinade consisting of pepper, chopped garlic, oregano, lemon juice and a spoon of oil.
- Invert the tied bag a couple of times and send to the fridge for marinating for 4 hours.Turn over periodically. Then fry the chicken in a pan until cooked.
- Rinse the vegetables with the recipe, cut and mix in a salad bowl. Put pieces of chicken fillet and chopped greens. It remains to fill the masterpiece with butter, sprinkle with crushed cheese and garnish with half olives.
I think you noticed that even a child will master the recipe. This salad, like Caesar, can be refilled with olive oil, and any other dressing you like.
How to make a dressing for Greek salad
You have already heard about the benefits and taste of Greek salad. But do you know that taste is strongly influenced by the dressing. If you choose it correctly, the guests instantly empty the plate. Now you will find out which dressing for the Greek salad will provide such an effect.
Trying to solve the mystery of a delicious dish, I tried 5 options for refills.
- Classical dressing. Combine a portion of lemon juice with two parts of olive oil, whisk thoroughly with a whisk and salt. Pepper and sprinkle with oregano.
- Dressing with mayonnaise. Mix the chopped clove of garlic with two tablespoons of mayonnaise, a pinch of salt and a spoon of honey.Beating the mixture with a whisk, initially enter 0.25 cups of olive oil and then the same amount of lemon juice. Pour a couple of tablespoons of red vinegar into the dressing and cool after mixing.
- Spice dressing. Spoon honey with three tablespoons of soy sauce and pour in three tablespoons of lemon juice. Whip the mixture with a whisk, pour in six tablespoons of olive oil and add a little hops-suneli.
- Soy sauce dressing. Combine a spoon of honey with two tablespoons of soy sauce, add a couple of tablespoons of lemon juice, and whip four tablespoons of olive oil.
- Dressing with boiled yolks. Pound two boiled yolks with a fork, mix with 100 ml of olive oil and the same amount of mustard and grains. After whipping in a blender, season with a salad.
I do not know which dressing you like more, but I advise you to try everything. The only way you will find the perfect option.
Why precisely feta?
At the end of the last century, the Russians did not even guess about the Greek salad. Now all kinds of snack recipes excite the minds of the chefs. In most cases, the salad is prepared from fresh vegetables and cheese, and the spices are used in a small amount or not at all.If everything is clear with vegetables, then there are questions with the choice of cheese.
At the heart of the dish is Feta cheese, which is made from sheep or goat's milk. It is not difficult to buy a product, it is present on the shelves of supermarkets. Using other cheese in a salad is unacceptable. But many cooks replace it with cheese.
According to cooks, this approach is valid, but the resulting dish has nothing to do with Greek salad. This is because only Feta cheese has a soft, soft and melting in the mouth texture, and no other kind of fermented milk product can replace it.
As for the other ingredients, there are no restrictions. In some villages in Greece, capers or white cabbage are added to the salad.
I think it's time to finish the article, in which we considered the recipes of Greek salad. I hope you find this material interesting and informative.
10 signs of a bad first date
Eyeglass out of the box
Basket of satin ribbons
Lily as a decoration
Fast hairstyles for every day