How to create wifi on a laptop?
Thinking of turning your laptop into a free Wi-Fi hotspot and distributing your existing Internet without buying expensive Wi-Fi routers? Or, finally, stop learning passwords to him from neighbors? Then this instruction is what you need. Before you create a Wi-Fi network on a laptop, you must first connect and configure it. Read more about this in the articles How to connect Wi-Fi on a laptop and How to set up Wi-Fi on a laptop.
First step. Preparation
- Open the network management center.
- In the window that opens, find the line “change the settings for sharing”.
- We open it and prohibit in it everything that relates to the general Internet.
The second step. Creating a wireless connection
- Clicking on the symbol "Network Control Center", located on the taskbar, open it.
- Next, select the setting of the new connection.
- Find the network configuration "computer-to-computer" and select "Next."
- We also skip the next window.
- Stop when you need to set a name for the new network.
- We write the name, and leave everything else unchanged and click "Next."
- After the notification that the network has been created, we return to the "Network Control Center" again.
- Being in it, we go to the "Wireless Network Management", in which we see that as a result of all our manipulations, we have a new network.
- Next, clicking on it with the right mouse button, select “Properties” from the list.
- We go in them and make sure that there is no encryption.
The third step. Creating a network bridge
- Go to the "Network Control Center" and open the tab "Edit adapter settings", located on the left side.
- Hold down the Ctrl key, and select the “Connect by wireless network” and local network.
- Click on any of them and select the bridge setting.
- We are awaiting the completion of the bridge creation procedure. (There will be a visual confirmation).
- Important! During or after the creation of the bridge, a window will appear, asking you to select the location of the network.
- Reference! The bridge is needed to transfer the Internet from a cable to a new wireless network.
- We choose a network for the house.
Fourth step. Network connection
- Open the list of wireless networks and connect the created network by clicking "Connect".
- Next, we connect to the created Wi-Fi access point from another laptop, phone or netbook, after updating the list of networks that are available.
- Reference. If there are problems with the creation of a network bridge, we check to see if Internet access is not enabled.
Private network created. To disable Wi-Fi on a laptop, we will use paragraph 4.1, just click "Disable".
What sees the hippopotamus in a dream
How to calculate assets and net assets
How to use Daemon Tools Lite
Why midges appear in flowers
How to choose a sofa for sleeping: children, corner, eurobook