How to fry potatoes with crust and onions - step by step recipes
Fried potatoes, in spite of calories, are considered to be the favorite food of many people. It is served as a main course and is used as a side dish. And although many know how to cook potatoes, I will tell you how to fry potatoes in a pan with a crust and onions.
The raisin of properly roasted potatoes is a tasty and appetizing crust. Not every culinary specialist can get it, because making potatoes crisp and ruddy is not so easy. To obtain the result, you must follow the rules during preparation and frying. I have good advice on this. I recommend to get acquainted with them.
- Cut potatoes into slices, cubes, slices, straws or cubes. Before cooking, I advise her to soak in clean water. This will increase the chances of getting a nice and crispy crust. Just keep in mind that in this case most of the useful substances will disappear.
- Put the potatoes only in a pan with boiling oil. And the thickness of a uniform layer of potatoes should not exceed five centimeters. Do not salt during cooking, as the potatoes will absorb a lot of fat. Make the dish taste perfect before serving.
- For a crisp potato, initially fry over high and then moderate fire. In no case do not cover the pan with a lid, otherwise as a result you will get stewed potatoes, and in order to redden the dish, sprinkle with flour a little.
- Do not stir potatoes often during frying. For this purpose use a plastic or wooden spatula. Immerse it in potatoes and lightly lift the bottom layer. Do not do any chaotic movements.
Typically, for the preparation of fried potatoes used refined vegetable oil. But you can cook the dish in butter. Only in order to get tender and fragrant potatoes in this case, you will have to constantly monitor it, so as not to burn it. If you are not afraid to spoil the shape, feel free to use animal fat or bacon. The result will be amazing.
As for calorie content, it will reach beyond the limits.Calorie fried potatoes is 320 kcal per 100 grams.
The classic recipe for fried potatoes in a frying pan
- Potatoes - 4 pcs.
- Vegetable oil - 6 tbsp. spoons.
- Peel and washed potatoes cut into slices 3 mm thick. Then send into a skillet with hot oil and evenly distribute.
- Cook for about fifteen minutes until cooked. Turn only once. Do this after the potatoes are reddened on one side.
- After completing the frying, place the potatoes on a tissue paper from the paper to make the stack excess fat. Salt, garnish with chopped herbs and send to the table.
Contrary to the seeming simplicity, not every novice chef gets the first time to make crispy and red-baked potatoes. Achieve the result can only with practice. So if the first attempt fails, do not give up and practice. This is the secret of success.
The most popular recipes from potatoes
Potatoes are a universal product. If you think that frying is the only way to cook, you are mistaken.It is boiled, cooked steamed, baked in an oven, added to a salad, used as a filling for a pie. The most courageous cooks make vodka from potatoes.
The main part of proteins, vitamins and minerals that potatoes are rich in is found in the cambium layer. Therefore, it is recommended to cut the peel thinly, otherwise the lion’s share of substances valuable to the human body will be lost.
Potatoes combine vegetables and greens. Often served to the table, accompanied by various pickles, sauerkraut or pickled mushrooms. But there are products with which to use it is not recommended. It's about milk, sugar and fruits.
Consider the popular and delicious step-by-step recipes from potatoes, and you will get the opportunity to see this.
Stuffed potatoes - a beautiful dish that is suitable for everyday feast, and looks on the holiday table. I use fish, various meats, mushrooms or vegetables as a filling. You can take the filling at your discretion.
- Potatoes - 12 pcs.
- Carrot - 1 pc.
- Tomato paste - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Wheat flour - 1 tbsp. a spoon.
- Sour cream - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- Vegetable oil - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- Onions - 1 pc.
- Pork - 400 g
- Meat broth - 500 ml.
- Salt and pepper.
- Chop the onion in small cubes and fry in oil until golden. Twice pass the pork through a meat grinder, add onion, salt, sprinkle with pepper and mix.
- In peeled potatoes, cut off the top and remove the core with a knife or spoon. In order not to fall apart during baking, the wall thickness must be within one centimeter. Fill the potatoes with the mixture.
- Fry the carrots in oil until softened. In a separate pan without adding butter, fry the flour until you get a creamy tint. Add the broth to the flour, stir, put the carrots together with sour cream and tomato paste and mix.
- Put the prepared potatoes on a baked baking tray with butter and pour over the sauce. It remains to send the dish in the oven. At a temperature of two hundred degrees bake for about an hour.
When I first prepared this masterpiece, the family was delighted. Since then, periodically I prepare dishes to satisfy the culinary needs of the household. I hope the treat will leave the same impression on your family members.
This culinary masterpiece is truly outstanding. About him and tell.
- Potatoes - 1 kg.
- Minced pork - 500 g
- Onions - 2 heads.
- Carrot - 2 pcs.
- Mushrooms - 300 g.
- Processed cheese - 200 g.
- Eggs - 5 pcs.
- Universal seasoning, pepper, salt.
- Boil peeled potatoes until ready. Chop the onion, pass the carrot through the medium grater. Prepared vegetables fry in butter until half cooked with minced mushrooms.
- Add minced meat in a frying pan, stir and fry until done. At the very end, salt, pepper and sprinkle the contents of the pan with seasoning.
- Boiled boiled potatoes through a large grater, and beat the eggs with the addition of salt.
- At the bottom of the form, lay out half the potatoes, spread half the cheese on top, and then all the stuffing. All pour half the egg mass, lay out the remaining ingredients and fill with eggs.
- Cover the foil-covered form in the oven. At 180 degrees, the casserole is cooked for about twenty minutes. I advise you to serve at the table in combination with pickled cucumbers or sour cream.
The fact that the dish is prepared elementary, there is no doubt. To make an elegant look, decorate with fresh greens and figures of fresh vegetables before serving.
New Year's holidays are already on the nose.If you are creating a New Year's menu, include this recipe. All guests will be delighted with the masterpiece.
Baked Potatoes with Vegetables
I suggest a vegetarian recipe - baked potatoes with vegetables. Although it lacks meat products, the dish turns rich and tasty, and you can serve it separately or as a supplement to fish or meat.
- Potatoes - 500 g.
- Bulgarian pepper - 2 pcs.
- Bow - 1 head.
- Eggplant - 1 pc.
- Garlic - 3 slices.
- Olive oil - 0.33 cups.
- Table vinegar - 2 tbsp. spoons.
- Pepper, salt, ground oregano, basil.
- Pour the vegetables in the recipe with cold water. Peel the potatoes and cut them into thick slices. In the eggplant, remove the stem, pepper seeds. Cut them into large pieces.
- Prepare the form. I advise you to use a wide and deep container to fill the vegetables in half. In small form it is not convenient to mix vegetables. Put the potatoes on the bottom of the oiled dishes.
- Top with onion, pepper and eggplant. If desired, pre-fry the onions. As for other vegetables, they are used in raw form.
- In a deep bowl, mix the dried herbs, add salt, olive oil and vinegar, pepper and whisk. The resulting mass of pour vegetables.It is important that the filling evenly covered everything.
- Shape the vegetables in the oven for twenty minutes. Temperature - 200 degrees. After the time has elapsed, mix the contents of the mold, and continue cooking, reducing the temperature to 170 degrees. After 40 minutes, get the dish.
If the family does not adhere to the vegetarian way of eating, this refreshment is sure to be enjoyed. In addition, if you wish, you can always supplement it with baked lamb or a diet rabbit.
Stewed Potatoes with Mushrooms
The next recipe is braised potatoes with mushrooms. Take your favorite mushrooms for cooking. Fit and canned, and frozen, and fresh. This does not affect the result.
- Potatoes - 1.5 kg.
- Mushrooms - 350 g
- Onions - 2 heads.
- Carrot - 2 pcs.
- Garlic - 3 slices.
- Oil, laurel, salt, pepper.
- Peeled and washed potatoes cut into medium slices, put in a saucepan and cover with water. Put the container on the stove
- While cooking the main ingredient, wash the mushrooms, dry and chop into small pieces. Carrot pass through a large grater, and chop the onion into cubes.
- In the hot oil, initially fry the onion, then add the carrot, mix and fry together. At the very end, put the mushrooms in a frying pan and fry until the moisture evaporates. At this stage, salt and sprinkle with pepper.
- After boiling water, put a few leaves of bay leaf and a garlic passed through a press in a pan. When the potatoes are soft, add the fried mushrooms with onions and carrots and mix. Under the lid stew dish until tender. Stir the contents of the pan.
Such a potato stew is combined with various additions, among which are salted salmon, vegetable salads, cold cuts or plain kefir. She will appreciate the excellent mushroom flavor and spicy taste.
It is not known who invented the potato pancakes. Some say that Belarus is the birthplace of the dish. Ukrainian chefs unanimously declare that a masterpiece has been created in their country. It is not so important. The main thing is that the dish, contrary to its simplicity, is really delicious.
If you didn’t have to prepare them before, I suggest the simplest recipe. With it, you will make ruddy, crispy and delicious pancakes, combined with sour cream.
- Potatoes - 4 pcs.
- Flour - 4 tbsp. spoons.
- Eggs - 2 pcs.
- Washed and peeled potatoes mince or grater. Add flour along with eggs and salt. Mix everything. The main thing is that there are no lumps in the mass.
- Heat vegetable oil in a suitable frying pan and spread potato mass with a spoon. When the pancakes are fried on one side, turn them over. Since everything happens quickly, I do not recommend moving away from the plate.
Contrary to the enviable simplicity, the dish will repel intricate croutons or a primitive pizza, especially if served in combination with a sauce containing sour cream and greens.
History of the origin of potatoes
At the end of the article you will find a fascinating history lesson. On which continent a person first discovered potatoes is unknown. The habitat of its growth is South America. The vegetable began its distribution with Peru. Such assumptions made by historians.
Ancient people, searching for an alternative way of eating food, found tubers of wild potatoes in the ground.
The ancient Indians living in South America, cooked potatoes in a variety of ways. But the favorite was a dish resembling chips.It was kept for a long time and satisfied hunger.
In Europe, the vegetable appeared in 1565. Spanish King Philip 2 ordered to deliver the plant to the palace. Despite this recognition, the vegetable did not immediately receive. At first, potatoes were grown incorrectly due to lack of experience and knowledge. Even the Europeans tried to eat immature tubers, poisonous fruits and tops, which led to poisoning and health problems.
And although people rebelled against eating potatoes, European kings did everything possible to spread the plant, trying to solve the problem of hunger. In the middle of the seventeenth century, the vegetable gained popularity and acquired the status of the main European agricultural crop.
On the territory of Russia, potatoes appeared in the late seventeenth century. Peter I, during a visit to the Netherlands, became interested in this strange vegetable and took it with him. Initially in Russia, the plant was considered a curiosity and exotic. At balls and receptions they were served to the table as an overseas delicacy, seasoning with sugar.
In the middle of the nineteenth century, the country's leadership began to distribute instructions for the cultivation and use of potatoes.As a result, the vegetables began to be grown on a large scale, eaten, given to livestock as feed, processed into alcohol and starch.
Did you even imagine that potatoes have such an interesting story? Now this product is available to everyone, and various dishes are prepared from it, and I recommend doing it. Especially since the recipes are already at hand.
Where you can relax in November
How to choose powder
Opal mysterious, opal precious
Homemade Spruce Soap
Tours in Mykonos, Greece