How to grow hydroponic?
Many villagers tend to go to the city - there are more opportunities and less hard work. After all, it is no secret that agronomists have the hardest and lowest paid work. It will take some 50 years, and there will be no people left in the villages, scientists say. Who will work in the field? What will our children and grandchildren eat?
Now they are increasingly talking about hydroponics - the method of growing plants without soil. Let's take a closer look at what this method is and how to grow hydroponics.
What is hydroponics?
In fact, this principle of growing plants was practiced in antiquity. Suffice it to recall one of the wonders of the world - Hanging Gardens. After all, they were grown by similar methods. And in Central America there were floating gardens. When the Indians were driven out of their lands, they built a raft from the reeds, on which they laid silt. So the Aztecs grew many crops, and even trees.
The principle of cultivation without land is based on numerous studies of the root system. What does the plant take from the soil? Nutrients and trace elements.But if they just saturate the water, which will be the roots, then the plant will not have enough oxygen.
Therefore, a substrate is used for cultivation, which in itself has no value, but simply supports the root system. But the plant does not “look for” the nutrients in the soil - they are fed into the substrate. Therefore, culture is growing much faster. This is just one of the advantages that hydroponics has.
Let's list the other advantages:
- The soil itself has in its composition of harmful substances, which with the growth absorbs and culture. All this harms our body. A plant grown with a new method does not have these disadvantages.
- With excessive moisture in the soil, the culture suffers from a lack of oxygen. Drought also affects the plant. With hydroponics, this does not happen.
- A perennial plant is much easier to transplant into a nutrient substrate than into the ground, where the root system will experience some stress and damage.
- The hydroponic system makes it much easier to water the plants. Some crops are topped up with water once every few days, and another once every two to three weeks.It depends on the size of the container. That is, the whole process becomes very easy to control.
- One of the main advantages of the new method of cultivation is the absence of pests, which have to be poisoned with toxic substances.
- Hydroponics saves from dirt, dust from the ground, and this is a kind of bonus for housewives.
In fairness, it should be noted and cons:
- Price issue. The cost of the method is significantly higher than the cultivation in the traditional way.
- If you want to save a little on the hydroponics system, the installation can be assembled by you manually, but you have to spend time and effort to assemble it. Buying such a system will cost a penny, but will quickly pay off thanks to all the above advantages.
- Psychological component. Very often, innovations are poorly perceived by people, society. Is no exception and the cultivation of crops. If without soil, then with the help of incomprehensible substances and chemistry?
If you are seriously interested in this method and want to try it out, let's see how to make hydroponics yourself, how difficult it is.
There are quite a few design options for this system, so one of the simplest options is given below.For its construction you will need ten minutes of free time and something else:
- Bucket with lid
- Flower pot, the volume of which should be from the volume of the bucket
- Aquarium pump
- Two plastic tubes for pump and overflow
- Drainage in an amount equal to the volume of the pot
- Timer to control the pump
So, let's see what a hydroponics system is, a photo of which can be easily found on the Internet.
In the lid of the bucket we make a hole for the pot; in the bottom of the pot - two holes for the tube. The pump is placed in a bucket, we also fill in the nutrient solution. In the pot fall asleep clay (drainage). Tubes perform the function of supplying the solution and its removal. The roots of the plant are saturated with microelements and at the same time are not permanently in it.
The considered method is suitable for testing at home, but in agriculture, where they are used for growing greenhouses, hydroponics requires much more investment, although the cost of the product is lower. Therefore, many agronomists are actively interested in this growing method. There are many foreign companies that provide services for the construction of such greenhouses, the selection of suitable crops and advice on their cultivation.
Now you have an idea about the relatively new method of growing plants. It is safe to say that the future of agriculture is precisely for him. Indeed, cultivation by the method of hydroponics gives amazing, amazing results. You can verify this yourself. We wish you big and rich harvests.
A very simple powerful amplifier on a chip
How to overcome fear Ask psychologists
How can you apply lemon oil
Top dressing of plants
For a free trip, the girl turned a small van into a cozy bedroom
How to measure ring size