How to harden the baby?
Being born, the child gets into a completely unfamiliar environment for himself, with other conditions, temperature, sounds. But nature endowed the crumb with unique abilities to adapt and protect so that he could easily get used to and calmly develop in the world around him.
All conscious parents have heard about hardening more than once, but, unfortunately, few start to carry out this program or recall it at a time when the child has already started to hurt.
To get the maximum effect, it is necessary to prepare and organize the hardening process competently, then it will benefit the child and his parents.
The main question: why?
To a growing children's organism could easily fight against viruses and bacteria, and also easily adapt to changing weather and even climate, a stable immune system is needed. To maintain "in the form of" the body's defenses with the help of hardening.
Such procedures have a great effect on the blood circulation process, strengthen the nervous system, making the child less whimsical and irritable, and also prevent weight gain, improving metabolism.
Summarizing all the advantages, it can be argued that tempering procedures have a positive effect on the entire body, which means they are necessary.
Let's start the procedures!
The main postulate that parents should remember is systematic. If you decide to start hardening, then it is worthwhile to approach this issue in a comprehensive manner and to reconsider the whole mode of the child’s life, by paying attention to nutrition, sleep, activity.
Of course, in the first place, all adults are concerned about the question: “When can you start hardening?”. Pediatricians in this case are unanimous - the sooner the better. Ideal - from the moment of birth. But if for some reason you missed this time, no problem, it's never too late to start. The main thing is for the child to be completely healthy.
Before starting the procedures, you should consult with your doctor and select the appropriate mode.
So, in order to improve the health measures brought a positive result, it is worth following a few important rules.
- Systematic. If you decide to start, then you should not take breaks. Year-round, in any weather, these events should be held.Breaks lead to a weakening of adaptation mechanisms, which means that the risk of "catching" viruses and bacteria is getting higher. Remember that in a child up to a year after a week of break, the effect will start to get lost.
- Growing pace. Everything must be done gradually. To the child's body adapted to new environmental conditions, you need to start with minimal changes, gradually increasing them.
- Individual characteristics. They must be taken into account, choosing the way of hardening. The weaker the health of the baby, the more cautious it should be.
- Desire and good mood. Despite the need for a systematic approach, you should still take into account a positive attitude. This is especially important for young children. If the child is upset, crying, angry, capricious - postpone the activities for another time or at all cancel them. If this is already a child who understands the essence of the occupation, your task is to set it up for success and maintain pep.
- Temperature mode. In all the necessary "golden mean". Before the procedure and during it, be sure to monitor the condition of the skin of the baby. If the legs or hands are cool, and the vessels are narrowing, there will be no effect of hardening. But overheating is also bad.Before classes, check that the child is not too “hot”, because exposure to cold water in this case can lead to a sharp overcooling.
It is possible to start improving measures at any time of the year, but pediatricians nevertheless advise to choose spring and summer.
This is undoubtedly the easiest, most reliable and affordable way to start using, starting from the first days of the birth of a baby.
- Airing. This is a prerequisite for hardening. The air temperature in the room should not exceed +22 degrees, because, as confirmed by numerous studies, overheating leads to growth and development retardation.
It is best to carry out through ventilation at a time when the child is not in the room, and the air temperature should drop by 1-2 degrees.
- Sleep and walk. In the first year and a half of life, the baby is recommended to sleep in the fresh air. Such children, as well as older ones, will also benefit from food and outdoor games.
- Air baths. The impact of air on the open areas of the body make it possible to obtain a sufficient amount of oxygen, normalize heat exchange processes, stabilize the nervous system. This, in turn, affects calm sleep and a good appetite.
How to harden nursing babies? It is enough to leave them without clothes for some time in the process of changing clothes or swaddling. Upon reaching the age of 1 month, gymnastics and massage can be added to the air baths. The first six months, the duration of classes should be 10 minutes twice a day.
It is important to monitor the behavior of the child, he must be cheerful and active. If you notice "goose bumps", put on a child and the next time reduce the duration of the procedure.
This is a very effective form of hardening, but at the same time potent, so it is necessary to approach the process with caution. In this case, two main conditions must be met:
- Exposure to cold water can be carried out only if the skin of the child is warm.
- The temperature is allowed to lower by 1 degree no more than once every 2-3 days.
Water recreational classes include the simplest hygienic procedures: washing, shower, washing hands, as well as more complex and lengthy - rubbing, dousing, bathing in an open pond or pool.
To start them you can, starting from the second month of life, by choosing a wipe with a wet towel.But remember that the skin of the offspring should be clean, without diaper rashes and rashes. The optimum water temperature is +34 degrees, for children 1-3 years old - 2 degrees lower, and decrease gradually to + 28- + 25 degrees.
If the child has positively perceived such activities, after 1-2 months, you can proceed to the douche. They are best carried out at the end of swimming. The initial water temperature should be the same as in the bathroom, decreasing gradually.
Methods of precaution
Since the effects of low temperatures are a kind of stress for the child’s body, it is worth remembering the existing contraindications:
- acute period of disease, accompanied by high fever;
- increased nervous excitability;
- gastrointestinal disorders;
- some heart conditions;
Hardening is the first step to good health and life without colds. Correctly organizing the process of recreational activities, very soon you will notice the effect - your baby will become calmer, more balanced and will always have a great mood that will surely please every parent.
Beautiful Pouch - Wallet
Beautiful congratulations with the Apple Savior 2016: poetry, prose, postcards and pictures, sms messages. Prayers and Conspiracies on Apple Spas
Sean Penn gave a candid interview about a relationship with Robin Wright
Jennifer Aniston enjoys loneliness