How to make a portfolio of an elementary school student?
In the process of studying at school, each student acquires various knowledge and skills in certain areas. You can display these skills in the form of a portfolio that includes basic information about the child, his strengths, abilities, achievements, etc. Thanks to this document, the teacher can form an idea of what the student is interested in, what subjects show a tendency, and how he achieved success. In this article we will tell you how to make a portfolio of an elementary school student.
What is a portfolio?
This document includes information about the knowledge and skills acquired by the child in the period of obtaining a school education. After reviewing the portfolio, you can learn about the student a variety of information:
- what is more interested in this child;
- what it seeks;
- in what areas is trying to reveal its potential;
- what results achieved for a certain period;
- in which the fruits of his knowledge and skills (crafts, essays, drawings, photographs, etc.) are expressed,
In addition, that the portfolio provides the teacher with basic information about the student, it also helps the student to assess their successes, increase the motivation to achieve the goals.
How to make a student portfolio?
This document is divided into several sections. Consider the structure of the portfolio in more detail:
- Personal data of the child. This clause includes the following sub-clauses:
- title page;
- student's story about himself;
- basic information about goals and plans for the future.
It is important to know that the title page should contain a photograph of the student. Let him choose the one you want.
In the section where the child’s story about himself is given, he can write about his family and friends, the origin of his last name, his city, hobbies, circles he attends, interesting facts from life. Most importantly, the student was interested in what he says.
- Achievements. Based on this section, the teacher will be able to fully understand what the student is interested in, what his abilities show, what he should be helped a little.This part includes the following:
- a questionnaire including a list of student achievements;
- the results of scientific activities in the form of various works, articles, projects, etc .;
- awards that the student has received both at school and outside: diplomas, certificates, certificates of merit;
- characteristic of scientific and creative activity;
- Description of future plans and goals.
- Demonstration of the child's achievements in a particular field of activity. At this point, the results of creative activities can be presented, which include: drawings, photographs, video clips, literary works, etc. The following may also be present in this section:
- Information about the student's public benefit activities;
- forms, in which information about creative works, visiting circles, elective courses, courses are entered;
- list of books read by the child;
- academic plan;
- information about awards, prizes, promotions.
- The last section of the portfolio contains feedback and suggestions. It should be said that this part of the document is very important for the student, because the correct praise motivates the child as well as possible. In addition, the student will be able to read constructive criticism or recommendations and draw the right conclusions from them.
As you can see, making a student portfolio is easy.In this article, we have described in detail all the sections that this document should consist of.
Where to order a mobile stand
Soft toy girlfriend - a horse with your own hands
How to care for a collie breed
Want to sleep well Choose the right pillow
What is metabolism