How to pickle a ram?
Salty fish - the perfect snack for beer. And in order to be confident in its quality and taste, it is better to salt it yourself. Find out how to salt the ram.
Which fish will do?
For salting, small and medium sized fish are suitable, as large ones do not salivate completely and inside they remain moist, which will affect the taste and increase the likelihood of infection with intestinal infections when eaten.
Instead of tarani, you can use for salting and any other medium-sized fish, for example, carp, korpёrёrok, pleschikov, ruffs, sabrefish, minnows. The average fat content is optimal, since at low the fish will turn out very dry, and at high it will have an unpleasant taste.
Is gutting a fish?
Opinions about gutting fish before the ambassador are divided. But if the ram is caught in the summer, then it certainly fed on freshwater microorganisms and herbs in the pond, and in that case, if the insides are not removed, an unpleasant smell may arise. In addition, the flesh will acquire a characteristic aroma and bitter taste,therefore, gutting is still desirable.
Cutting the tail and the head is not necessary, it is enough to make a small incision in the abdomen and get all the excess. Next, the fish is thoroughly washed and dried. This completes the preparation, and you can proceed directly to the ambassador.
How to salt?
How to salt a ram at home? The process is simple, but requires patience. In addition, there are three main ways: dry, dry and wet. All options are considered in detail.
This option is simple and requires a suitable container (it can be a wooden box or enamel basin), salt, and the fish itself.
Description of the method:
- Pour a layer of salt about 7-10 millimeters thick at the bottom of a clean container.
- Rub all fish with salt, pushing it into the mouth and gills. You can also make a few holes for a better brine.
- Spread the fish on the salt, sprinkle it with a centimeter layer of salt. Laying for better tamping is made heads to the tails and backs to the abdomen, so that there is no free space.
- Putting layers and sprinkling all the fish with salt, cover it with, for example, a thick cardboard, a perforated board, or a lid of diameter less than the capacity itself. Place a weight of about 7-10 kg.
- Send the container to a cool place, for example, in the refrigerator, cellar or on the balcony (during the cold season).
- How much salt to fish in this way? Duration depends on the weight of one carcass: about 100-150 grams - two days, 500-700 grams - three or four days, more than 800 grams - from five to seven days to two weeks (for large specimens).
- In the process of salting will be allocated juice, which must be poured daily. You can determine the readiness by the absence of liquid.
- Now wash the salted fish and soak it in water and then in acetic solution (50 ml of 9% table per 10 l) to remove excess salt to kill bacteria and scare away flies.
- It remains to hang the carcasses in a ventilated room and dry to the desired state. Also, you can dry fish in wooden open boxes or on trays, regularly turning over.
Tip! If the mass of oppression is increased after a day or two, the fish will salivate more fully and well.
Such a recipe involves salting in a concentrated saline solution. And you need this:
- a fish;
- salt (100-150 g per liter of water).
- Washed and optionally gutted fish immerse in the finished salt solution, so that it covers the carcass completely.
- Press down on the fish to avoid floating.
- After two to five days (depending on size), remove the carcass, rinse thoroughly or hold for half an hour in cold water and dry.
This method is also simple. Only fish and salt are needed. The process is also simple:
- Fish very carefully from all sides rub with salt. Make holes and stamp salt in them.
- Prepare a wire or rope, string the salted carcasses on it.
- Now strung fish hang out in the courtyard of a private house, on a balcony or in a constantly ventilated room. To protect against flies, you can cover the design with gauze or make something like a tent or dome out of this material.
- Salt roach will be at least two days. And the longer the period, the drier the flesh will be, so adjust the timing at your discretion, taking into account your taste preferences.
Finally, some useful tips:
- If you decide not to gut the fish, then for high-quality salting inside you should pour a strong saline solution through the syringe through the mouth. Some fishermen do this immediately after receiving the catch.
- In the salt, you can optionally add various seasonings to give the finished salted ram flavor and spice.
- It is best to use coarse salt, since fine salt will increase the salting period and may form a crust on the surface.
- If, when applying the wet method, add a little bit of granulated sugar to the brine, then the finished fish will be softer and more palatable.
- If you plan to dry large fish, then to speed up the process, make several longitudinal cuts in it. And small carcasses and so dry.
- If the fish is very dry, then it can be made softer, if moistened with a brush or sponge, and then wrap the parchment. Then periodically moisten the paper so that the pulp draws in moisture. You can also remedy the situation with undrained ram, if you wrap it in a newspaper that will absorb excess liquid.
- Properly salted ram is stored for 3-5 months, and in cold and sealed packaging - up to 9-10.
Salted ram will succeed, if you choose a suitable recipe and observe all the rules of the ambassador.
How to choose a sofa for a comfortable sleep
Debut - an interesting female haircut
A simple amplifier on the LM386 chip
Why never need to make a bed
Weather in Moscow in August 2018 - accurate forecast of the hydrometeorological center for the capital and the Moscow region