Shaun T's 5-Minute Butt-Blasting Workout
How to Shrink a Fat Butt
Worried you're carrying too much weight in your posterior? A big butt can make it hard to shop for clothing and it may feel like your most defining, distracting feature. Spot reduction of an area is not possible, but you can strengthen the muscles in your butt to give it a more toned appearance. Diet can also play a role in the size of your butt. Through toning exercises or dieting, you'll a smaller butt in no time.
Work your glutes.Strength-training exercises are ultimately the best way to shrink your butt. Muscle takes up less physical space than fat so toning your butt (turning the fat into muscle) will lift it and make it smaller. Carrying more muscle will also increase your overall metabolism and bring your whole body into proportion.
- Dead lifts are great exercises for your glutes. But when doing a deadlift, be sure to emphasize form over weight. Lifting more weight the wrong way won't get you better results.
- Add squats into your routine. This exercise primarily targets your thighs and butt but also works your hamstrings and lower back. Make sure to warm up beforehand.
- Lunges are another fantastic exercise for your butt. There are several different varieties (side, reverse, etc.), so constantly change what variety you do.
Get into cardio.Since fat is the culprit to a big butt, cardio is the quickest answer to blasting it away. Running, swimming, boxing, or cycling will burn the most calories.And fewer calories equals a smaller butt.
- In addition to straight up cardio, try interval training--it burns even more calories than its one-paced counterpart.Exercise full out for 30 seconds and rest for a couple of minutes. Repeat 8-10 times. Your metabolism will get upped in minutes and stay up. And the best part? The hard part of your workout is done in 15 minutes.
Begin circuit training.If regular ol' strength training is getting a bit boring, mix it up with circuit training. While you can do cardio every day, keep the strength training to 30 minutes, 3 days a week. Alternate between a new glute-toning exercise and high-intensity cardio activity for your entire workout session.
- Circuit training is about combinations. If you don't have access to a number of weights or machines, jog with weights in intervals of a minute or two. Otherwise add weights into your cardio exercises. You'll be killing two birds with one dumbbell.
Cut calories.Fewer calories in equals more calories lost. More calories lost equals a smaller everything--including your bottom. Cutting calories with exercise may not be enough; you have to monitor your eating habits, too.
- 1 pound is 3,500 calories. If losing 10 lbs is your first goal, cutting 500 calories a day will equal the loss of 1 lb per week, 10 weeks in total. But don't forget: Exercise cuts out calories, too.
Eat the right carbs and fats.So often carbs and fats are made into villains. However, there are good carbs and good fats that are very important to your diet; they give your body energy, maintain your metabolism and help your digestive system absorb vitamins.
- Avocados, olives, nuts, olive oil and salmon all have good unsaturated fats that will keep you satiated, which will keep you from overeating later.
- Whole-grain and whole-wheat breads, cereals and pasta, oatmeal, couscous, quinoa and brown rice are good carbs that provide fiber, energy, and keep your insulin levels normal.
Get a healthy amount of dairy and protein.Both of these food groups help you build muscle and are full of nutrition. Dairy and protein will also make it easier to get through your workouts.
- Eggs, turkey, chicken, fish, low-fat yogurts, milk, cheeses and cottage cheese are all good options. If you opt for red meat, make sure it's lean.
To cut calories, you're going to have to eliminate the bad fats and empty calories. That means no junk food and no sugary drinks. Cutting out empty calories means your body doesn't get full and stores the calories in with your fat cells.
- Load up on the fruit and vegetables. They are low-calorie but still dense, providing you nutrition, few calories, energy, and leaving you fuller longer.
- Drink water. Two cups before every meal will satisfy you, hydrate you, and keep weight off.You'll also have less time to consume those sugary, high-calorie drinks that do nothing for your body's nutrition.
QuestionHow long will it take to trim a healthy butt?
Personal TrainerPersonal TrainerExpert AnswerExercise combined with a good diet can change your rear view in 2-3 months. If that seems like a long time, consider how long it took you to get a big butt.Thanks!
QuestionI would like to know how many sets to do to lose the weight in my thighs and butt.
Personal TrainerPersonal TrainerExpert AnswerStart with 3 sets of 12-15 reps. If you want to build more muscle, then after 3-4 weeks, increase the weight, and perform 3-5 sets of 8-10 reps. If you want to keep the toning but not build muscle size, increase the reps. As long as your joints feel fine, you can do as many reps as you want.Thanks!
QuestionIs losing one pound a week normal?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerYes. That's a healthy and normal amount of weight to lose per week.Thanks!
QuestionWill my height increase if I lose the fat off my butt?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNot necessarily, but losing width in the body may create the illusion of a slimmer, taller build.Thanks!
QuestionWhat can I do about a naturally fat butt?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerExercise more, lots of cardio, and light circuit training. Lower the bad carbs and fats, try to lower your calorie intake and drink lots of water.Thanks!
QuestionWill skipping meals help?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerNo. Skipping meals will put your body into fat storage mode because it doesn't get food regularly and consistently.Thanks!
QuestionIf I want a bigger butt they tell me to do squats, and if I want a smaller butt they also tell me to do squats. This is confusing! Do squats make my butt bigger or smaller?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerWhat most people actually want when they say "bigger" or "smaller" is for their butt to have a certain shape. That shape comes from having gluteal muscles (the muscles in your butt) that are strong and don't have too much fat covering them. Squats help with both because they strengthen your gluteal muscles and also burn fat. So if you feel your butt is "too big," chances are you will benefit from losing some fat and strengthening the muscles underneath. If you feel your butt is "too small," you probably don't have much fat but your gluteal muscles are weak and don't have the shape you want. Squats will help in both cases!Thanks!
QuestionHow can I reduce fat on my thighs?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerThanks!
QuestionCan I eat chocolates?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerProbably not the best Idea, but if you are going to, treat yourself to an organic dark chocolate, usually it has less calories and less bad sugars. And only a square or two per day or every few days.Thanks!
QuestionHow can I lose thigh fat?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerLow weight, high rep weight training and cardio (jogging, stair-steppers, bike ride, etc.) Eat a good diet of fresh fruit and veggies, lean meat and non-saturated fat. Most importantly, you need self-motivation. Imagine what you want your legs to look like and keep that image in your head at the gym when you think you can't do another five minutes or two reps.Thanks!
Will intake of more protein along with exercise build up buttocks muscles?
- Exercise daily for at least 30 minutes.
- Feel free to do cardio every day, but limit weight training to 3 or so days a week. Your muscles need time to repair themselves.
- Consult a doctor before you start any extreme diet or exercise regimen.
- Study healthy nutrition for help in achieving your goals. Avoid fad diets and unproven supplements. You may see results initially, but they'll go away quickly and ultimately do harm to your body.
Sources and Citations
- Videos provided by
In other languages:
Deutsch: , Русский: , Français: , Português: , Italiano: , 中文: , Español: , Nederlands: , Čeština: , Bahasa Indonesia: , ไทย: , العربية: , Tiếng Việt: , 한국어: , 日本語:
Video: How To Reduce Buttocks Fat with 5 Moves for Your Butt, Hips and Thighs!
7 Wedding Dress Trends to Look Forward To
That One Exercise to Tighten Every Muscle in Hindi
How to Organize Your Mylinks in wikiHow
How to Use Nasal Spray
How to Be an Accounting Technician
How to Add Volume to Your Hair
Seven prince charmings ofthe 21st century
COS Is Coming To America 5 Reasons To Get (Really)Excited
Summer Hair Solutions
How to Find an AKC Puppy