How to take birth in a cat?
If a cat lives in the house, which will soon become the mother of kittens, the owners begin to think about how to take birth. However, animals can easily give birth on their own, the presence of owners is necessary only to make the cat feel calmer, and in case of unforeseen circumstances.
Preparing for childbirth
- The most important thing to do before birth is to prepare a place for the cat. A regular large cardboard box will fit, at the bottom of which you need to lay clean towels or rags in several layers, and disposable diapers are also ideal for this. Many owners of pregnant cats in advance buy enclosures or large cells.
- Introduce the cat with a place, if it likes it, then put it in a quiet corner, where no one will disturb her. If not, then during labor, simply transfer the pet to the box.
- Find out in advance and write down the numbers of veterinarians who are ready to come into the house, because animals, like people, have unforeseen circumstances.This is especially true for primiparous cats and pedigree.
Help at birth
- During contractions and on the day of birth, the cat's behavior changes, most often she is nervous, screaming, fussing, calling for the owner. At this point, you need to sit down and calm the animal, stroke, talk. The most important thing for the owners is to be calm and not nervous, to provide emotional support to the animal.
- When childbirth begins, the cat rises a couple of degrees in temperature, the ears and nose become hot. Watch the kittens come into the world, ideally they should go head first. The cat will have to wash the kitten with its tongue, gnaw the umbilical cord and eat the afterbirth. The interval between the birth of kittens ranges from 40 minutes to 12 hours.
- If something is wrong, it is better to immediately call a veterinarian.
After all the kittens were born, you need to give the cat some time to rest. If the pet refuses to feed the kittens, then buy a special milk formula and feed them yourself through a pipette every 2 hours. Do not forget to massage the kittens belly.
A nursing cat should be given proper and balanced nutrition, best of all specialized feed.
How to tie high shoes
Causes of goose bumps
How to salt a freckle at home