How To Wear NBA Jerseys (TUTORIAL) + Lookbook
How to Wear Basketball Jerseys
Basketball is one of the most popular professional sports in the world, with fans all across the globe. Wearing a basketball jersey is a great way to express your love for the sport or a particular player, or to simply spice up your style. Dressing stylishly with a basketball jersey is simple once you learn how to pick the right jersey for you and how best to wear it in public settings.
Building Your Outfit Around Your Basketball Jersey
Wear a shirt under your jersey to avoid being too revealing.Jerseys with tee shirts underneath are generally always fashionable, regardless of the sport. Because basketball jerseys can be relatively revealing, wear a tee shirt underneath them to adhere to public etiquette.
- In warm weather or at the beach, basketball jerseys can also acceptably be worn as tank tops. However, most circumstances will call for wearing an undergarment as well. Use your best judgment.
- Wearing an undershirt with your jersey will give you a slightly more formal look. For the most casual appearance, consider wearing the jersey by itself.
Put on a second colorful top to make your jersey more stylish.Basketball jerseys can be worn with a variety of tops for a less conventional though still stylish aesthetic. Consider wearing colorful sweaters or coats to be more playful with your jersey’s colors.
- For example, if your jersey is red, consider wearing a turtleneck underneath it that is either pink or an even darker shade of red.
- Coats and jackets worn over the jersey will also create an outfit that is both sporty and fashionable.
Dress in athletic bottoms to complement your jersey.Your jerseys will look sporty in their style, and so they will pair well with athletic bottoms. Wear basketball shorts or track pants to dress in a consistent fashion from head to toe.
- Make sure the color of your bottoms matches the color of your jersey. For example, if your jersey is orange, you may want to wear shorts that are blue, as blue complements and enhances orange in clothing.
- When wearing basketball shorts with your jersey, consider wearing shorts that are from the same team as your jersey.
Limit wearing your jersey to appropriate environments.As with many niche items of clothing, basketball jerseys are not always appropriate in some circumstances. Make sure you only wear them in casual settings, like in your home, and avoid wearing them in more formal or polite environments.
- Other environments where basketball jerseys are acceptable include sports bars, sporting events, costume parties, and the beach.
- Although wearing a basketball jersey to a basketball game is generally appropriate, it may be considered impolite to wear the jersey of a team that is not playing in the game.
- If you’re unsure whether wearing a basketball jersey is appropriate in a certain setting, definitely wear a shirt underneath it to make your jersey less informal.
Accessorizing Your Jersey
Put on casual shoes to match the style of your jersey.Basketball jerseys are considered casual wear, so you should wear shoes that won’t clash with this casual style. Wear sneakers to complement the style of your jersey.
- In warm weather, sandals or boat shoes also go well with basketball jerseys.
- Try to wear sneakers without a lot of scuff marks. Your jersey will look best when paired with shoes that look brand new.
Wear sunglasses or chains with your jersey for a casual aesthetic.Sunglasses pair particularly well with basketball jerseys in sunny weather and at the beach. Gold chains also are also a popular accessory for jerseys.
- Accessories like sunglasses and chains produce a very casual aesthetic when paired with a basketball jersey. Be sure the rest of your outfit is similarly casual by not wearing an undershirt or shoes that are more formal than sneakers.
Avoid wearing hats with your jersey.While this is not a hard-and-fast rule, some people may find the combination of a hat and a basketball jersey to clash. Avoid wearing both at the same time to make your jersey fashionable to as many people as possible.
Picking Out Jerseys to Wear
Base your jersey choice off your favorite player or team.While you can find blank jerseys to wear, jerseys with names and numbers on them almost always look better. Wear the jersey of your favorite player to make a statement about being a fan of that player.
- If you don’t have a favorite player or team, consider choosing the jersey of a particularly popular basketball player, like LeBron James or Michael Jordan.
- It’s also completely acceptable to base your jersey choice on an arbitrary reason, such as it being your favorite color or lucky number. Remember, wearing a basketball jersey should always be fun.
Buy your jersey 1 size larger than your normal clothes.Sports jerseys are generally not meant to be a tight fit, and most fans who wear them opt for an oversized fit. Get your jersey in a size that will fit your body a bit loosely.
- Getting jerseys 1 size too large will also enable you to wear clothes underneath your jersey in cold weather.
- Wearing a basketball jersey in your normal size is also acceptable, if less fashionable.
Choose a team’s home jersey instead of their away jersey.In basketball, teams wear different jerseys when playing games in their home arena than when playing somewhere else. The home jersey will allow you to wear a team’s colors in addition to a player’s name and number.
- Because away jerseys are mostly white, they are also more likely to be ruined by colorful food stains like ketchup.
Check out a sports apparel store for ideas on which jerseys to wear.You may have a favorite player or team but not know about what other teams’ colors look like. Peruse the options at sports apparel stores to see what other jerseys you might consider wearing.
- Some popular stores include Lululemon, Dick’s Sporting Goods, and Academy Sports + Outdoors.
Purchase your jersey online for the widest range of possibilities.If your local sports apparel store's selection doesn’t include the jerseys you’ve decided to wear, buy your jersey online to ensure you get the jersey you want.
- You should definitely consider buying your jersey online if the player whose jersey you want to wear is relatively obscure. For example, you’re less likely to find a Miles Plumlee jersey in a sports apparel store than you are to find a Kobe Bryant jersey.
- You may want to avoid wearing basketball jerseys in unconventional colors and patterns, such as hot pink or camouflage, as many people find these jerseys to be tacky.
- Don’t tuck your jersey into your pants, especially if you’re not wearing basketball shorts. Basketball jerseys are meant to be worn casually (unless you’re actually playing basketball).
- You can also buy basketball jerseys at professional NBA games. While going to a team’s arena gift shop will guarantee you a wide selection of jerseys to pick from, these jerseys also tend to be the most expensive.
Video: HOW TO STYLE NBA JERSEYS in 2018
How to Make a Ribbon Bow from a Plastic Straw
Weight Loss Tips for Real People (That Arent Just Diet and Exercise)
The Diary: Rag Bone, Teen Vogue More
Leonardo DiCaprio Finally, Finally Won His Oscar: Watch His History-Making AcceptanceSpeech
Natural Beauty Products: 10 Brands Youll Love
How to Sell a Car and Transfer Title in Nevada
32 Floral Wedding Shoes Ideas For Spring And Summer Nuptials
How to Ship Luggage
Gorgeous Burgundy Celeb Makeup Looks
9 Signs Youre Not Getting Enough B12
Further treatment may be needed for PCD if aftercare doesnt help
WikiHow:Contributions to Charity
How to Give a Father of the Bride Speech