What is useful onions?
Everyone knows that the best and easiest way to prevent colds is onions. Despite the unpleasant smell, this popular vegetable is widely used not only for cooking various dishes, but also for medical purposes, as well as for preserving beauty. What is the secret to the usefulness of onions for our body?
The composition of onions
The beneficial properties of onions are due to the fact that this vegetable contains many beneficial substances, such as mineral salts, fats, proteins, phytoncides and amino acids. It also contains essential oils, which give the bow its characteristic smell. In addition, there are a lot of vitamins B1, B2, B5, B6, PP, B9, E and H. In the content of vitamin C, this vegetable can be compared with citrus fruits.
When you use 100 grams of onions, you can provide your body with the necessary daily dose of this vitamin, while its caloric content is only 40 kcal. This vegetable also contains such macronutrients as potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, chlorine, calcium, magnesium and sodium.It contains trace elements, including fluorine, cobalt, iodine and chromium.
Onions are most useful, of course, in their raw form, since it is in this form that the greatest number of substances that help cure many diseases, from the common cold to cancer, is stored in it. What are the beneficial properties for human health?
1. Antibacterial.Onions - this is the first remedy for the prevention of colds, as it kills all the pathogenic bacteria that enter the oral cavity, and improves immunity. That is why it can be used to reduce toothache and prevent the development of caries.
2. Wound healing.Onions accelerate the healing of small wounds and burns. It also reduces inflammation by reducing the level of oxidative stress in various tissues of the body.
3. Strengthening the cardiovascular system. Sulphides and flavonoids, which are contained in onions, help to lower the level of cholesterol and triglycerides in the blood. In addition, these substances improve blood circulation and reduce its clotting, preventing the formation of blood clots, which are the cause of the development of strokes and heart attacks.Onions also normalize blood pressure.
4. Strengthening bones and joints.Daily use of onions leads to an increase in bone mineral density and a reduction in the risk of fractures. This vegetable also reduces swelling of the joints, improving the symptoms of osteoarthritis.
5. Improving digestion.Fructo-oligosaccharides, included in the onion, stimulate digestion, increasing the number of beneficial bacteria in the stomach.
6. Improvement of reproductive function.Despite its unpleasant smell, onion is an excellent aphrodisiac. It increases libido in both men and women. This vegetable also contributes to increasing sperm activity and improving sperm production.
7. Improving blood glucose control.The use of onions can help diabetics improve their condition, as it reduces blood glucose levels and promotes the production of insulin.
8. Anti-cancer properties.Sulfides and other substances contained in onions prevent the development of malignant tumors, such as cancer of the stomach, larynx, mammary gland and prostate gland.
9. Cleansing properties.This vegetable stimulates outflow of bile and excretion of toxins and heavy metals (mercury, cadmium and lead) from the body.
Contraindications to the use
Despite the many beneficial properties of this vegetable, there are contraindications. Raw onions should not be used by people with these diseases:
- stomach ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- urolithiasis disease;
- metabolic disease;
- liver disease.
Properties of onion peel
Not only peeled onions are good for humans. Onion Husk also contains vitamins E, C, B and PP. It consists of flavonoids, antioxidants, sulfur compounds, magnesium, calcium, iodine and phosphorus. Onion peel decoction has healing effects, such as:
Do not use the onion peel to diabetics, children under 12 years old, people with low blood pressure and poor metabolism, as well as those who suffer from a stomach ulcer and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.
How to make real Georgian satsivi
Different types of yoga for beginners
Set of a cap and a snug beautiful pattern
10 of the most interesting books in the fantasy genre
Justin Bieber officially announced his engagement with Haley Baldwin
How to trim a cat'