Is it possible to lose weight on a citrus diet?
If you want to lose weight and love citrus, then try on yourself an unusual citrus diet!
What is this diet?
As the name implies, this diet is based on citrus fruits, they help to get rid of excess weight, and for a short time. There are several options for compliance, and almost all assume the inclusion in the menu of not only citrus, but also other products, for example, which are a source of egg protein. If you decide to eat only fruits, then you can eat in this way for no more than one or three days, that is, this option is suitable as a “discharge”.
How to comply?
There are several options for the citrus diet menu, and the most popular and interesting will be discussed below.
It is assumed the use of grapefruits and eggs, and the diet is designed for three to five days. It is recommended to eat one grapefruit and one egg at a time, the number of receptions is three. Also allowed to drink water, the total amount of which is about one and a half liters.
There is a more benign option, suggesting an increase in the number of grapefruits eaten to five (medium size). As for eggs, it is desirable to use only proteins in the amount of up to seven pieces. The volume of fluid and the duration will be the same as in the first embodiment.
Allowed any citrus fruits, as well as eggs. In one day you can eat up to five fruits and not more than four or five eggs. And the products of different categories should be alternated, and the interval between meals should be about two hours. The maximum duration of the diet is seven days, but ideally it should not exceed 3-5 days.
This diet is not as strict as the previous two, as the menu expands. It will be as follows:
- For breakfast you need to drink a glass of citrus juice, and preferably freshly squeezed.
- Lunch will be lettuce made from citrus and kiwi. You can fill it with lemon juice. It is also allowed to add a small pinch of cinnamon, it gives a pleasant aroma and promotes weight loss.
- For dinner it is allowed to eat either two boiled egg whites, or a steam omelet made from them (naturally, without oil and salt). Allow yourself and rye toast or a piece of hard black bread (you can replace it with bran).
This menu should be followed for three days, the maximum duration of the diet is five days.
For three days you can eat salads made from citrus fruits. Allowed to fill them with low-fat natural yogurt without additives. And if you feel fatigue, then enter another component - half a banana (it will give energy). In total for a day it is recommended to eat three portions, and between meals you can drink a glass of juice made from citrus fruits.
Advice: the total amount of fruit eaten per day should not exceed 1.5 kg. The maximum amount of juice is two or three glasses.
Advantages and disadvantages
The benefits of a citrus diet:
- It is really useful for losing weight and effective. Firstly, citrus has few calories (about 30-40 per 100 grams). Secondly, many of them contain acids and enzymes that promote the acceleration of fat splitting processes. Extra pounds go, and pretty quickly.
- You do not have to cook anything and stand at the stove for a long time, because citrus fruits are completely ready to eat.
- Citruses are rich in vitamins and other nutrients.For example, they contain a lot of vitamin C, which helps to increase immunity and strengthen the walls of blood vessels. Such fruits are very, very useful.
- It is delicious! If you like fruits, then this diet will suit you.
- Citrus fruits are available in stores almost all year round. In addition, they are relatively inexpensive.
Cons also have:
- There are contraindications. These include an increased tendency to allergic reactions (citrus is one of the strongest allergens), exacerbation of any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract (acids have a pronounced irritant effect on the mucous membranes and can damage them), too young age (the growing body needs a lot of nutrients ), exhaustion, any diseases (including recently transferred or chronic, being in the acute stage), periods of lactation and pregnancy.
- During the diet, the body may be deficient in certain nutrients, especially if the duration is significant.
- Such a diet is considered quite strict, which can lead to breakdowns and, consequently, weight gain.
- During compliance, such unpleasant symptoms as dizziness, abdominal pain, headaches, weakness can occur. If they increase, then it is necessary to interrupt the diet in order to avoid deterioration.
- If, after a diet, to return to the previous diet, the lost kilograms can return again.
- Diet is not suitable for long-term compliance, it can be harmful and even dangerous.
- You can almost always be accompanied by a feeling of hunger, be prepared for this.
- If the weight was initially significant, then a sharp decrease in it may lead to the appearance of stretch marks.
Some useful recommendations:
- The feeling of hunger can temporarily drown out a glass of warm water. In addition, it will help to neutralize the acids and the secreted gastric juice, avoiding damage to the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.
- If you follow such a diet, you should not exhaust yourself with training, because a lot of work is put on the body. Exercise can lead to exhaustion.
- So that body weight does not increase again, it is worth gradually getting out of the diet. So, first start typing in the menu other fruits and vegetables,then allow yourself to eat chicken breast, lean fish. In the future, it is recommended to adhere to the principles of dietary nutrition.
It remains only to wish everyone a perfect figure and, of course, health!
Description of tomato varieties Raspberry
Congratulations on the Day of Medic 2017 to colleagues and the attending physician - cool, funny, funny and in pictures
Flea markets in Switzerland
How to sew a sausage from felt
How to find the best discounts on the Internet