Should I buy an elliptical trainer?
Work on yourself is the most difficult and difficult. For example, to make your figure perfect, you need to move more, and it is better to play sports. If you do not have the opportunity to attend classes, then buy a simulator and work out at home. Below we will tell all about elliptical trainers.
What it is?
At its core, an elliptical trainer is a hybrid of a stepper and a treadmill. The first such simulator was invented in 1995, and already after a couple of years the first home version appeared. Almost immediately, he won the hearts of millions and became popular among those who are used to live an active life and keep fit.
What muscle groups work?
What muscles does an elliptical trainer train? Almost everything. So, the muscles of the hands, breasts, abdominals, calf and thighs, and buttocks work (and, by the way, it is very difficult to use them in the process of normal training). In general, practicing, you will improve the whole figure as a whole and make more prominent almost all parts of the body.
What will train on such a simulator?
What are the benefits of training on an elliptical trainer? We list them:
- As already noted, almost all muscles work, and this is a huge plus. And with the reverse move, the gluteal muscles will get a load, which almost do not work during other exercises.
- During training, the load on the joints is minimal, so joint diseases are not a contraindication. Almost everyone can do it.
- There are different training programs: for beginners, for "advanced", for professionals. So anyone will find something suitable. In addition, the load can be increased and changed, which allows you to achieve maximum results.
- Training is very useful for losing weight. If you spend them regularly and combine with proper nutrition, you can get rid of extra pounds and significantly improve your figure.
- Exercises help to increase the stamina of the body and, therefore, improve health.
- If you regularly engage in such a simulator, you can significantly improve the work of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
- Through training, blood circulation and blood supply to all organs and tissues are improved, so that the functioning of important body systems will be normalized.In addition, oxygen supply will also increase, which is also very important and useful.
- Classes allow you to improve coordination of movements.
- Training will provide a charge of vivacity and energy.
- You can improve your mood.
Are there any contraindications?
Is it possible to do everything on such a simulator? No, as there are some contraindications:
- hypertension with frequent crises;
- heart failure;
- severe swelling;
- angina pectoris;
- bronchial asthma with frequent attacks;
- severe diabetes;
- oncological diseases;
- any infectious diseases;
- chronic diseases in the acute stage.
But in any case, before starting classes, consult your doctor. And if you experience anxious symptoms, reduce the load or stop classes. Always monitor your well-being and monitor your condition.
How to make a choice?
How to choose an elliptical trainer for the home? Let us dwell on each important point.
To begin, we list the main types of such simulators. There are only three:
- Mechanical simulator - the easiest and cheapest option.It is activated by the power of the person himself. The advantages of the simulator include independence of electricity and economy. But there are also disadvantages: a strong noise during training and the inability to adjust the load. In addition, the flow will not be smooth, which is not very convenient for some (especially for beginners). The cost will be about 4-10 thousand rubles.
- The magnetic elliptical trainer has a braking system, which is based on the action of the magnet. Such models work without noise, are very practical, durable and suggest the possibility of load adjustment, and also have a rather smooth ride. The cost of such a simulator is average, it can cost from 6 to 15 thousand rubles.
- Perhaps the best option is an electromagnetic simulator. Such a model will be the most durable and convenient. The built-in electronic system will allow you to set and control the load, as well as set the level of training, distance, time and other parameters and determine the appropriate programs. The price of such simulators is quite high and will depend on specific characteristics. On average, it varies from 10 to 20 thousand rubles or more.
Configuration, size and weight
On average, elliptical trainers weigh from 80 to 100 kilograms. This means that moving such an object from place to place will not work, so you need to prepare the space in the room in advance.
The width of the platform is about 1 meter, its length can reach 1.5 meters. Also consider flywheel span. In general, it is advisable to prepare a plot having dimensions of 1.5x2 meters.
There are folding models that can be removed every time after training, but they will not last for a long time, and the characteristics will be inferior. You can purchase a simulator with wheels, they will allow him to move.
Here's what else you should pay attention:
- Trajectory and step length. With a circular path will increase the load, but for beginners this option will not work. As for the length of the step, it should be average. A short step does not provide the necessary load, and too long - it is not very convenient.
- The optimal distance between the pedals should be approximately 14-18 centimeters.
- Pedal resistance. It is necessary, but should not be too high.
Elliptical trainer may have some additional functions:
- The ability to change the inclination of the plane allows you to change the load and work out that muscle. But such a function is available only for expensive professional simulators.
- The ability to control the pulse. This is necessary for those who have health problems.
- Ability to select a program.
- The ability to set the time or distance.
- Load control (electronic system will compare the set and executed load).
- Counter steps and calories burned.
Making the final choice
To choose the best simulator, it is best to test it in action. Contact your store consultant for help and try to work out. You should be comfortable, but at the same time you should be under considerable load, otherwise training will not be effective.
How to train?
To determine the optimal program, it is better to seek help from an experienced trainer. But we will give some general useful tips:
- Start with the minimum loads and gradually increase them.
- During a workout, monitor your condition, do not let the critical increase in heart rate, shortness of breath and dizziness.
- Exercise every other day, that is, 3 or 4 times a week.
- Training should last an average of 30-40 minutes.
- Always start a lesson with a five-minute workout, it will warm up and prepare the muscles.
- During class, try to keep the belly in. This will maximize work out the abdominal muscles and make it more relief.
- Workout time, choose on the basis of their biorhythms, but you should not conduct an exercise immediately after sleep or before bedtime.
Successful and effective training you!
How to choose pumps for heating
How to successfully pass the session with correspondence courses
Bald Matthew McConaughey in the film Gold
Interesting site, useful tips
The most interesting games on paper
Organizer for underwear
A gorgeous dress from books about strong women. Librarians go to great lengths to attract readers