Juicy and savory teriyaki chicken
Surely many people have heard about teriyaki chicken, but not everyone knows how to cook it. Actually it is very simple.
What is this dish?
Teriyaki is a traditional national Japanese sauce that is made from soy sauce, mirin (this is a sweet Japanese wine), sake, and sugar. Usually it is served to fish and meat dishes. But also the sauce is used for the preparation of various products that automatically receive the name "teriyaki". Typically, the treatment involves frying to caramelize the sugar present among the components, so that the dish acquires a characteristic luster.
First of all, you need to prepare the sauce, and two recipes are discussed below.
This recipe will allow you to cook traditional Japanese teriyaki. Prepare:
- a glass of soy sauce;
- 100-150 ml of sake (can be replaced with vodka diluted with three parts of water);
- a glass of mirin (you can use another white sweet wine);
- two or three art. l. cane brown sugar.
Description of preparation:
- In a saucepan or other similar container pour soy sauce, immediately add sugar. Put the mixture on the fire and wait for the dissolution of the sugar, then pour in myrin and sake.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, and then reduce the heat and cook the sauce for about five minutes. It should get a thick consistency and a glossy sheen.
- Finished sauce cool and send overnight in the fridge, so that it becomes even more intense and tasty.
This recipe allows you to make no less delicious teriyaki from the available products:
- 150-170 ml of classic soy sauce without additives;
- two tablespoons of natural liquid honey;
- 1.5 tsp. ground ginger (or a small piece of fresh root);
- one tsp olive or sunflower oil;
- clove of fresh garlic or half a teaspoon of dried;
- three or four tsp. brown sugar;
- three or four art. l. wine or balsamic vinegar;
- at the request of a couple tsp. starch and a quarter of a glass of water (starch is needed for thickening).
- Pour the soy sauce into the skillet and place on a slow fire. Immediately add sugar, garlic and ginger.
- Then you must enter the vegetable oil and liquid honey, all carefully stirred.
- Now add vinegar.
- Dissolve starch in water to avoid lumps, enter into the mixture.Note that boil the fluid until it should, so add components almost immediately after each other.
- Now the fire can be strengthened to make the mixture start to boil. Then again reduce it and simmer the sauce until it becomes thick enough and starts to shine.
- Let the sauce cool and infuse for a while.
How to cook teriyaki chicken? Here is what you need for this:
- 600-700 grams of chicken breast or fillet;
- 150-170 ml of prepared teriyaki sauce;
- st. l. sesame seeds (optional, add them optional);
- two art. l. vegetable oil.
- First, the chicken fillet or breast should be washed well and cut into small rectangular pieces or squares. Put them in a container and fill the teriyaki, then cover and send to the fridge to marinate for about half an hour or an hour.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil. Take the chicken and fry it on a fairly strong fire for about three minutes, so that it has acquired a light rudeness.
- Then pour the marinade into the pan and continue frying the main ingredient. The fire can be reduced slightly, but it should not be weak, otherwise the chicken will not be fried. Optionally, you can add sesame.
- Cook the dish until the pieces acquire a glossy pleasant shine and a dark golden hue.
Finally, some tips for experienced and novice hostesses:
- Serve chicken teriyaki best with vegetables or rice. Rice noodles or feces are also perfectly suitable.
- Before frying, be sure to let the chicken marinate in teriyaki sauce so that it absorbs it and acquires a rich and vibrant taste.
- If desired, ready teriyaki can be bought in the store. But make sure that the sauce is natural and has no artificial additives.
- Serve the dish cooked hot and fresh, as it will not be so tasty when cold.
- With teriyaki you can cook not only chicken, but also, for example, pork or fish.
If you want to cook the chicken in an unusual way and surprise your family or guests, then use teriyaki sauce for this and make an amazing spicy Japanese dish!
What does the title page look like?
What is atraumatic cleansing?
How to cook meat fingers
How to overcome fear Ask psychologists
Is it possible to justify treason