How to Cook Leeks French Style (2 ways) | French Bistro Recipes
Oct 6, 2006
Look for small, fresh leeks; if you can find only larger ones, cook them longer, then split them lengthwise completely in half after cooking (use only 8).
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
2 tbsp. red wine vinegar
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 tsp. Ground black pepper
1/4 c. olive oil
2 tbsp. fresh parsley leaves
- In 8-quart Dutch oven, heat 5 quarts water to boiling over high heat. Meanwhile, cut root ends from leeks. Trim leeks to 6 inches; discard tops (or save to make soup another day). Cut leeks lengthwise almost in half down to beginning of white part, keeping bottom 2 to 3 inches intact. Remove any bruised or tough dark-green outer leaves. Rinse leeks thoroughly under cold running water to remove all sand, gently fanning cut part.
- Add leeks and 2 teaspoons salt to Dutch oven; cook 10 minutes or until tender when pierced with knife. With slotted spoon, remove leeks to colander to drain; rinse under cold running water. Drain again and pat dry with paper towels.
- Coarsely chop any loose pieces of leek and spread on platter; arrange leeks in a row, in a single layer, on top. Cover leeks and refrigerate up to 1 day.
- In small bowl, with wire whisk, mix vinegar, mustard, pepper, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Gradually whisk in olive oil. Pour vinaigrette into small jar; cover tightly and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To complete, spoon vinaigrette evenly over leeks; sprinkle with parsley.
Video: How To Make Leeks Vinaigrette: Rosie's Brixton Kitchen
Ugly Halloween Sweaters Were Made for People Who are Too Lazy to Dress Up
Sleep Apnea and GERD
5 DIY Nail Soaks for Picture-PerfectNails
Nuraphone noise cancelling headphones are 25 off for Amazon Prime Day
Learn How to Make the Most of Your Negative SpaceManicure
More and more older Americans are slipping into poverty
The (Affordable) Modern Luxuries Gift Guide
How to Decorate a Tiered Tray
Best New Shoes For Walking
Elf spaghetti sundae served at Chicago restaurant
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Meghan Markle Tied The Knot
25 Amazing Nail Art Designs For Beginners
Maryland Crab Cakes Recipe
Date: 10.12.2018, 01:10 / Views: 45532