Marshmallow is a great cocoa supplement.
Marshmallow is an amazing air delicacy that you can cook with your own hands if you wish and use the correct recipe. Find out how to do it!
What is marshmallow?
Marshmelo is a delicacy made from syrup, sugar and gelatin. All components are combined and subjected to prolonged beating, which gives the confectionery product a porous sponge structure and lightness. The composition may include aromatic or flavoring additives, dyes.
The name marshmallow literally translates as “marsh marsh”, and so in America the medicinal plant is called. This is probably due to the fact that it is from its root that a viscous mass was obtained. In addition, it is believed that marshmallow was originally used as a medicine for sore throat and cough.
The basis of goodies is invert syrup
Almost all marshmallow recipes suggest the use of invert syrup as a basis. It can be purchased in finished form or cook yourselfthis is not very difficult if you observe the technology and the proportions of the components.
So, for cooking invert syrup will need:
- 350 grams of granulated sugar;
- 150 or more ml of water;
- half a teaspoon of citric acid;
- a quarter teaspoon baking soda.
The cooking process is quite simple:
- In any container with a thick bottom, mix water with sugar, completely dissolving the latter. Put the mixture on the fire, and when it boils, add citric acid, all mixed well.
- Then reduce the fire to a minimum, tightly close the container with a lid and boil the syrup for forty-forty-five minutes. As a result, it should acquire a beautiful golden hue and thicken, but remain liquid, that is, to pour, and not reach.
- Cool your syrup a little and add soda to it. At this point, you will notice the formation of foam, and it needs to be allowed to settle. To do this, leave the composition for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Invert syrup is ready, you can use it to make delicious marshmallows.
How to cook?
How to make an air home marshmallow? We offer two ways.
- 170 ml of invert syrup;
- 400 grams of sugar;
- incomplete glass of water;
- five tsp. gelatin;
- half or third teaspoon salt;
- two sachets of vanillin;
- icing sugar for sprinkling.
- Gelatin should be poured into a third cup of boiled cool water.
- Next, prepare the syrup based on the already prepared invert syrup. To do this, mix the last with the remaining water, sugar, salt and vanilla. When the mixture boils, reduce the heat and boil everything, stirring occasionally for about six to seven minutes.
- Time to swell gelatin to warm up on the stove to dissolve, but do not boil.
- Next, ready gelatinous liquid, begin to actively beat with a mixer for about three to four minutes.
- Then gradually pour a hot syrup in a thin stream. The process of whipping while continuing for another ten to thirteen minutes. As a result, a thick, dense and viscous mass should be formed.
- Cover any container with cling film or greased parchment paper, put the mass on it using a spoon or pastry bag.
- Leave the composition overnight, and then sprinkle each marshmallow with powder to prevent delicacies from sticking together.
This recipe will allow you to get stunning delicate chocolate marshmallows. Here is what you need:
- glass of invert syrup;
- glass of water;
- two art. l. gelatin;
- one and a half glasses of granulated sugar;
- 80 g dark chocolate;
- a quarter tsp salts;
- tablespoon of vanilla extract or two or three packets of vanillin;
- a glass of powdered sugar;
- two art. l. cocoa.
- Gelatin pour half of your water, leave it to swell well.
- In the meantime, finely smash or rub chocolate on the grater.
- In a thick-bottomed stewpot, combine the syrup with the remaining water and granulated sugar, add salt. Warm up the mixture and stir it vigorously, so that the sugar is completely dissolved. Next, reduce the heat to medium and boil the syrup. And when the first full bubbles appear, the stew-pan can be removed from the stove.
- Soak and already swollen gelatin warm and dissolve, and then start to beat with a mixer. Slowly add the hot syrup and whip all together for about fifteen minutes to achieve a dense and viscous foam.
- Add vanilla with chopped chocolate, beat the composition for about a minute, so that it gets a light brown tint.
- Then the mixture is moved to a rectangular foil or food film and leave it for several hours or overnight to freeze.
- Frozen composition can be cut.
- For sprinkling mix the powdered sugar with cocoa powder, in this composition, roll all the marshmallow.
Options for using delicacies
You can use marshmallows in different ways. The first and most obvious option - eating in its original form. Delicacy is very tasty and resembles a porous marshmallow. The second option - the addition of marshmallow in cocoa or coffee: the drink will acquire sophistication and become an independent dessert.
Among Americans, such a method as roasting on a fire is widespread: the surface is caramelized, and the middle softens and becomes viscous. Also a delicacy can decorate a cake or other confectionery: this decoration will complement any sweetness, especially if you use different colors and figured carving.
Finally, the marshmallow produces an excellent soft and elastic mastic, which is covered with cakes, muffins or capkakes. For its preparation will require 100 grams of finished air delicacies,about one and a half cups of powdered sugar (namely powders, sand will not work), as well as a tablespoon of juice squeezed from fresh lemon.
The technology is simple: you need to melt marshmallows in a microwave oven or in a water bath, add lemon juice into the resulting strong foam, and then gradually add powdered sugar and stir the mass first with a spoon, and when it becomes dense - with your hands. Done! It is easy to cover cakes with this mastic, and you can also make small figures for decorating pastry out of it.
At home, you can do a variety of air marshmallow. And to get a colorful treat, try using food colors or natural fruit juices, for example, strawberry, cherry, raspberry. Such additives will not only give a beautiful shade, but also improve the taste.
Why a man does not cry
Tasty and healthy olives and olives
Chocolate helps to lose weight. But is it
Rihanna came to a meeting with the first lady of France in a strange way
How to choose a tile
Casket for tea
Flowering cactus crochet
How can you apply lemon oil