Britney Spears Serves Mom Lynne Papers After Allegedly Warning Her To Stay Away From Her Kids 
Mom Warns Parents After Her Daughter Reportedly Choked on a Fidget Spinner
Kelly Rose Joniec, a mom from Texas, took to Facebook earlier this week, where she shared the story of her 10-year-old daughter, who allegedly choked on a fidget spinner — the kids' toy of the moment.
Joniec claimed that, on a way home from a swim meet, her daughter, Britton, began to make retching noises in the back seat — she was drooling and looked panicked as she pointed to her throat. The girl told her mother (she could still speak) that she'd put a piece of her spinner (one of the metal rounds, called bushings) in her mouth to clean it and had somehow swallowed it.
After attempting the Heimlich maneuver to no avail, Joniec wrote that she drove to a local urgent care clinic, where Britton was checked for choking. "They couldn't discern where the foreign object was located – along the airway or the esophagus," Joneic wrote, which is why the girl was transferred to Texas Children's Hospital.
There, Joneic claims that Britton was put under general anesthesia after an X-ray showed the bushing, the size of a quarter, lodged in her esophagus — she then allegedly underwent surgery to endoscopically remove the metal circle. "Fortunately we had a positive outcome, but it was pretty scary there for a while," wrote Joneic. "Not only because of the initial ingestion, but then the concern about the composition and structure of the object, and finally, the risk with general anesthesia."
Through sharing her story, Joneic hopes to reach other parents whose children frequently play with fidget spinners — since they're all the rage right now, that's alotof kids. "Fidget spinners are the current craze so they are widely distributed. Kids of all ages may be getting them, but not all spinners come with age-appropriate warnings," she wrote. "The bushings pop out easily, so if you have young kids (under 8-years-old) keep in mind that these present a potential choking hazard."
Some people doubt Joneic's story, but regardless, it's a good reminder to keep an eye out when kids play use toys with smaller bits and pieces — knowing how the toy works (and if anything small can dislodge and end up in a little one's mouth) can only help.
GoodHousekeeping.com has reached out to Joniec for comment. She has not yet responded, but we will update this post as new information becomes available.
Video: Mom blasts airline employee for mocking daughter's name
How a Cape Town It Girls Beauty Routine Has Changed With the Water Crisis
Victoria Beckham Is Under Huge Pressure’ According To Mel C
How to Have Fun at Halloween Horror Nights, at Universal Studios, Orlando
How to Decorate a Tiered Tray
Good News: There’s Now A Scientifically Approved Hangover Cure
The gym lover’s new drug addiction
Orley Knitwear: SS13 Collection
Zara just served up the perfect party bag, and you won’t believe it’s under 40
Lyft offering a 50 off promotion on rides to the polls in November
How to Make a Simple PC Video Game
5 Must dos for stress-free dating after divorce
How to Stay Safe at an ATM
London Collections: MEN – Tom Ford AW13
According to science, this is why you fancy men with beards
The Best and Worst Drive-Thru Meals to Get When You’re on the Road