Monster care at home
Monstera is a houseplant with more than fifty varieties. The flower is unpretentious, so care at home for a monster does not cause difficulties.
Florists like this plant. Due to the bizarre forms and rather big sizes, the monstera has become widespread. If you look closely at the photos of monsters, you can see the large leaves of a fancy shape. I think it was because of them that it received such a name.
It is not difficult to grow a monster in a residential environment, but a novice grower may have difficulties, since it is still necessary to follow standard rules.
Monster Care Secrets
- Temperature. The temperature of the monstera is not picky, it grows faster and develops at high temperatures. In the warm season, the temperature is 22-25 degrees, in winter - 17 degrees abound. Monstera will survive 10 degrees, but in such conditions it will stop growth and development. Drifting for a flower.
- Lighting. I do not advise you to keep the pot on the northern windowsill, because in conditions of low light the monstera does not grow well. As for the southern windowsills, in this case, protect the monster from the sun. Ideal - bright, but diffused lighting, on the western or eastern windows.
- Humidity. The monster has large leaves. Consequently, a large area of evaporation. The flower is constantly sprayed, which will positively affect the condition. I advise you to use water at room temperature. Watch the leaves and in a timely manner remove the accumulated dust with a damp cloth.
- Watering. This exotic likes water, especially if it's summer outside. During this period, plenty of water, focusing on the level of dryness of the soil layer. Suitable for irrigation is durable, soft water. In the autumn time, reduce watering, and in winter, perform the procedure two days after the soil dries. Do not allow waterlogging, otherwise it will lead to rotting of the roots and the appearance of spots on the leaves.
- Additional fertilizing. Monstera, like dracaena, needs feeding. Feed twice a month during the spring-summer season to avoid stunted growth.Young copies need not be fed. It does not hurt to prop up the flower, and pull the leaves with a rope. If the old plant does not grow, prune. As a result, the side shoots will begin to grow faster.
- Aerial roots. Monstera feature. They can be found on each piece of paper, but I do not advise cutting it. Put down the roots in an additional pot, filled with nutrient soil. If the roots are short and it is impossible to substitute a pot for them, dip them in a hanging bottle of water or wrap them in wet moss.
- Bloom. In natural conditions it blooms annually. In the room environment to achieve flowering is almost impossible. With normal nutrition and proper care, Monstera is able to please the first large inflorescences at the age of two.
If you provide the flower with proper care and care, it will decorate the interior of any room, be it a living room or a kitchen.
There are different types of plants, but at home housewives grow "attractive monster". The genus of the flower is diverse and has several dozen species that are found in their natural environment in the South American rainforests.
6 most famous types of Monsteras
- Attractive. The most common type of vine. In the greenhouse, the height reaches twelve meters, and in room conditions no more than three. With proper care, adult monsteras bloom annually, and the duration of fruit ripening is 10 months. There is a variegated form, which is more capricious, grows slower and loves more heat. Thanks to the white stripes, the leaves look impressive, but they need moist air and a lot of light.
- Climbing. In the natural environment occurs in the mountain forests and tropics of Central America. It has large, leathery, heart-shaped, strongly dissected leaves, the diameter of which reaches 60 centimeters. The length of the cob is 25 centimeters, the thickness is 15. The highlight is berries that have the smell of pineapple. The flesh of the fruit is edible. Sometimes in the mouth there is a burning sensation, because in the fruits there are crystals of calcium oxalate.
- Leaking. The look is characterized by perforated leaves, due to which the monstera looks exotic. You can meet climbing liana in the American tropics. The length of oblong ovate leaves reaches 90 centimeters, and width - 25.The length of the white blanket is 20 cm, at the ear this figure is 10 centimeters.
- Kosaya. The leaves of Monstera, whose homeland is considered to be Brazilian humid forests, are the most elegant and have an elliptical shape. The length of a whole leaf is 20 cm, width - 5. Under natural conditions, small inflorescences appear on a short peduncle. In the conditions of an apartment it is impossible to wait for the appearance of a flower.
- Monster Borzig. This Mexican variety is not powerful. It is characterized by thin stems and leaves with a diameter of 30 cm. In culture, the subspecies appeared by splitting during seed propagation and further selection. Can be grown in indoor conditions.
- Monster Adanson. The height of the vine is found in the tropical forests of Brazil, reaches 8 meters. Thin leaves, densely covered with holes, are compared with other species of medium size and ovoid shape. At home, blooms rarely. If this event occurs, you can enjoy a light yellow cob on a short peduncle.
These are all types of monster that deserve attention. Looking into the flower shop, you can easily buy any of them. If the flower is not on sale, pay attention to Croton. Just remember, he is more exacting in leaving.
Reproduction of monsters
I have recommendations that will help reproduce simply and efficiently. There are several ways and I will consider each.
The first way is cuttings propagation
The most common and simple technique that helps rejuvenate the plant. With a sharp knife or pruning shears, cut the stalk with an air spine. Place the cut must be treated with charcoal, otherwise the infection will hit the monster in the future.Cut a little below the air root, and put the resulting blank in a container with water. After half a month, the sapling is ready for rooting.
In the case of an old bare plant, a separate technique is used. Cut the stalk into cuttings. The main thing is that each fragment had three eyes. Slices process with coal and dry. Land the blanks in separate pots and cover the banks. Subject to daily watering, a month later, the cuttings will sprout.
Method two - reproduction by air roots
- Wrap a few of the uppermost roots with moist moss and lower them into a container with water. Once the air roots are released small roots cut off the tip, sprinkle a cut with charcoal, and drop the pot in the pot.
- It produces apical shoots with monster roots in late spring. Contrary to the breeding procedure, the plant continues to grow and releases shoots on the sides, due to which it becomes rejuvenated and razlohim.
Method three - reproduction by seeds
Initially prepare a warm room with ambient lighting and a stable temperature. After planting, spray the soil regularly so that it does not dry out. After four weeks there will be shoots.
Six months later, the seedlings will release leaves, and a year after sowing the seeds, a strong plant with a developed root and leaves will be available. Dive seedlings when they become closely in the pot.
If floriculture is your hobby, and monsters are your favorite decorative plant, there will be no problems with reproduction. And all because the favorite thing brings pleasure, and the result in this case is easier to get.
If you want to grow a monster, information about common problems in breeding and their solution will be useful.
- Root system decay. The reason - excessive watering or watering with cold water.
- The leaves turn yellow, with no signs of rotting and wilting. The reason - the flower needs feeding with the use of complex fertilizers. It does not hurt to periodically update the top layer of soil with the addition of humus.
- Pests. If the leaves are covered with bright dots, it means that monster was struck by the pest Tryps, a colony of which can be found on the back of the sheet. Insecticides will help to cope with thrips.
- Young leaves curl, dry and fall off. The reason - the defeat of the pest mealybug. You can solve the problem with the help of a soap rag, which is recommended to wipe the stems and leaves. After the flower process with a 0.15 percent solution Aktellika.
- Lifeless and listless leaves with the advent of cobwebs. The reason - the defeat of the spider mite. To destroy the pest, use spraying and wiping with soapy water. In case of a strong defeat, Aktellik will come to the rescue.
- Leaves dry and fall, brown plaques appear. The reason - defeat the shield. To combat the scourge of suitable methods described in the paragraph about mealybugs.
Monstera will report any problems. Excess moisture leads to a large-scale yellowing of the leaves, their gradual yellowing indicates a lack of nutrition.If there are few leaves in the lower part of the stem, it means that there is not enough light, and their mass drying gives a hint of high temperature in the room. If you are thirsty, the monstera will report this by the appearance of brown spots on the foliage.
How to do a manicure at home on your own video
Book paper and wire beads
Ceviche - the perfect dish for a holiday
How to protect yourself from arbitrariness on the part of collectors
Fashionable and original manicure of 2016
Beautiful hairstyles for babies