Scandinavian interior - we will make new in your life (9 photos)
Interior decoration is incredibly interesting and difficult at the same time. After all, you need to make the room comfortable and convenient, but at the same time take into account the preferences of who will live in this room, and take into account the current trends in the world of design. If you prefer convenience and comfort, then you should learn more about the Scandinavian style.
The Scandinavian style began to emerge at the beginning of the last century in the territory of the Scandinavian countries: Denmark, Norway, Sweden. The climate in such countries has never spoiled the inhabitants. So they all wanted to come home and enjoy the comfort, warm up and plunge into the atmosphere of calm.
And it was under the influence of such aspirations that the life and the interior of dwellings were formed and developed. In addition, the Scandinavians from ancient times respected pagan cultures and preferred all natural and natural.
In Europe, the Scandinavian style became popular after the Second World War, when people could not afford expensive pieces of furniture and materials for decoration,but at the same time they needed protection, comfort and convenience.
One of the Finnish architects and founders of the modern school of designer Alvar Aalto always said that the main task of the designer is to make life more convenient. And although today many can afford something unusual, but still the Scandinavian style is still relevant and loved by many.
Here are the main features of the Scandinavian style:
- The abundance of light. This feature is associated with the climate of the Scandinavian countries. The fact is that the Scandinavians always felt the need for light because of the lack of sunlight, so they tried to illuminate their homes in every possible way.
- The ease of space. You will not see intricate transitions, partitions and other difficulties. Everything is extremely simple and easy. There is a feeling of airiness and soaring.
- Minimalism. In the room, decorated in the Scandinavian style, you will not see many items. Furniture, decoration and details are simple and concise, but this does not seem poor or miserable. Remember that all ingenious is simple.
- Natural materials. They are used everywhere and are present both in decoration and furniture, as well as in decor elements.
- Monochrome tones. To many, they seem uninteresting and boring, but in fact such colors, in the first place, never get bored, and secondly, can be the perfect backdrop for bright accents.
- Functionality. Virtually any thing in the room is needed for something and performs its specific function. In this room, everything is created for a comfortable stay, everything is incredibly useful and convenient.
Who would suit such a style?
Scandinavian style in the interior of a house or apartment is almost universal, so that it fits perfectly into any room. But it will be especially appropriate in case of insufficient illumination and a small area of the apartment. This style will make the room brighter and not “steal” the space, but, on the contrary, visually expand it.
As for the inhabitants of such an apartment and their character traits, then a person who is calm and confident in himself, as well as in need of rest from everyday fuss will feel great in this interior.
Color solutions, drawings
As already noted, in the interior design in the Scandinavian style, monochrome calm tones are predominantly used.Especially designers like and respect shades of gray, white, beige. The contours are often marked with black, it allows you to create interesting and unusual contrasts.
Also used are delicate blue, lime, peach, amber, lilac and others. But do not be afraid of bright accents, sometimes they are simply necessary. So boldly use and colors such as coral, red, blue, emerald and some others.
Pictures and prints are used infrequently, but sometimes quite appropriate. Valid cell, strip, geometric patterns.
Interior design in the Scandinavian style involves the use of natural materials such as wood, glass, natural stone, metal, various fabrics. For example, walls can be pasted with light wallpaper, painted or trimmed with wooden lining. The ideal floor is parquet or laminate.
The ceiling can be whitewashed or painted. On complex structures and suspended ceilings should be forgotten. Shiny surfaces can be present, but in minimal quantities, since matte creating a cozy atmosphere is welcome.
Choice of furniture
Scandinavian-style furniture is the epitome of comfort, convenience and functionality. All lines must be concise, simple and soft. As for the upholstery of upholstered furniture, natural materials such as cotton, linen, suede and some others are welcome. Wicker furniture is appropriate. Here are a few options:
- Soft rectangular sofa, upholstered in natural cloth.
- Round chairs or chairs.
- Simple coffee table.
- Shelves attached to the wall.
- Small but roomy closet.
- If the bed, it is necessary with a wooden headboard.
- Round dining table. Of course, wood.
- Kitchen set, it is desirable to choose the same wooden and no frills. On the kitchen wall, place a pair of drawers with doors.
- Small bedside tables.
- An important detail can be a fireplace, which has long been considered a symbol of comfort and home hearth.
Do not overload the room with furniture, use only what you really need!
On the windows should be told separately. First, they must be wide enough for the room to be filled with light from the very early morning. Secondly, discard plastic and prefer wood.This will make the room even more comfortable. Third, do not clutter up the windows with heavy curtains. The maximum that can be allowed is light translucent curtains.
The lighting should be given special attention, because if it is insufficient, the interior will lose its airiness and lightness. So more light! Use chandeliers, floor lamps, table lamps and lamps, sconces, lampshades. It is best to choose simple elements of lighting, made of pleasant natural materials. Remember that the light should be soft and natural.
Although the interior in the Scandinavian style should be calm, this does not mean that the decor is inappropriate. Here are some possible options:
- Especially appreciated textiles. On the sofa, put a few soft pillows, spread a bright soft carpet on the floor, it can become the accent of the room. Use tablecloths, napkins, bedspreads made from natural materials. But do not overdo it!
- On the walls you can hang black and white photos or pictures of fish, animals, ships. Still lifes or landscapes are welcome.
- Ceramic or glass vases are relevant.
- An element of the decor can be a large mirror that will reflect light.
- Use animal skins, fur products.
- On the shelves can flaunt unusual figurines.
- Are actual self-made gizmos.
Create your own unique atmosphere of airiness and comfort, using the Scandinavian style.
Fashionable swimsuits: on the crest of a wave
Paper model of the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus
The child was not allowed in kindergarten because of the vaccination
Ceviche - the perfect dish for a holiday
How can I quickly open the suitcase with a combination lock
What is the essence of proper nutrition This is a step towards a new life