Secrets of cooking bright dishes of langoustines
Anyone who loves seafood, probably managed to try a lot of dishes from them. And if you want to cook something new, then use langoustine as the main ingredient.
What is it, what is useful?
Langoustines are representatives of crustaceans and relatives of lobsters, having an external resemblance to lobsters and very similar to shrimp, only with claws, like in crayfish. The size can vary from 10-15 centimeters to 20-25. Langoustines dwell in the salty water of the oceans and seas and are considered an exquisite delicacy, therefore they are greatly appreciated throughout the world. The taste is pleasant, slightly sweet, the meat is very tender.
The composition of langoustins includes a lot of useful substances, such as protein, phosphorus, zinc, potassium, selenium, sodium, magnesium, iron, manganese, iodine, calcium, copper, vitamins PP, A and group B. Caloric content of 100 grams of such seafood is only about 90-110 kilocalories.
Consider the main useful properties:
- It is an excellent source of iodine, which is needed by the thyroid gland.
- The product helps to normalize metabolic processes.
- Regular use provides an improvement in the work of the nervous system.
- The protein in the composition is the basis of new cells and the pledge of healthy and strong muscles.
- Langoustines are beneficial for vessels and the heart, as they help to strengthen them.
- Calcium contained here will help maintain bone density.
- Phosphorus is necessary for the smooth functioning of the brain.
- With regular use improves the work of the endocrine system.
- The product provides immunity strengthening.
- Langoustines slow down the processes of aging and oxidation of tissues.
- Zinc has anti-inflammatory properties.
Important: langoustines are considered to be an allergenic product, so caution is necessary. They also contain cholesterol, so do not use them in large numbers to the elderly and people suffering from atherosclerosis.
How to choose?
Unfortunately, in most regions the langoustines get frozen, because without water they quickly die and begin to deteriorate. And after freezing the structure of the meat is broken, it becomes less tender, so the best option is fresh seafood.
Pay attention to the dimensions.Average individuals have a size of about 12-15 centimeters, large - about 20-25, and they, respectively, are more expensive. An unpleasant smell emanating from the area between the shell and the fold of the tail should be alerted. If langoustine smells strongly of fish, it must be stale.
What to cook?
How to cook delicious langoustines? Below are interesting dishes.
Langoustines can be fried in a pan, and they will be very tasty. Here is what you need:
- 500 g of langoustine;
- half a lemon;
- bunch of parsley;
- two garlic cloves;
- olive or butter.
- Take care of langoustines. Separate the shell from each marine inhabitant with the head so that only the tail remains. On the inside, slightly incise it to extract the inedible part of the digestive tract. Also, cleanse all seafood.
- Prepare the marinade: chop the garlic after cleaning in any way, mix with squeezed juice from half a lemon, finely chopped herbs and salt. In this mixture, put the tails of langoustines, mix, leave to marinate for an hour.
- Heat the oil in a skillet and over medium heat, literally for a couple of minutes, fry the langoustines until golden. You can send them to rice or salad.
If you prefer tasty and delicious dishes, try making a risotto. To do this, prepare:
- 200 g of rice (better arborio);
- 10-15 langoustines;
- a leek head;
- celery stalk;
- a glass of white wine;
- three tbsp. l. olive oil;
- bunch of dill;
- half acres. turmeric;
- 10 g butter;
- hl salt (preferably sea).
- In langoustines need to cut off the tails, clean them from the shells, removing only the meat (the intestines are removed using a longitudinal incision).
- All remaining parts (heads, claws, shells), rinse, put in a saucepan or thick-bottomed saucepan, add butter, mash everything with a spoon or a spatula. Pour in half a glass of wine, add turmeric and simmer for 20 minutes over low heat. When it cools down, strain it.
- Onion cut into thin half-rings, celery or rub on a medium grater, or cut into thin straws. In the same saucepan, warm the olive oil, fry the celery with onions until soft, and then lay out and rice.
- When the rice has absorbed the oil and swells a little, add the remaining half of a glass of wine, wait for it to evaporate. Then start to gradually pour in the broth.
- Cook the rice for about twenty minutes, and for a couple of minutes until ready, add the tails of langoustines and finely chopped dill.
Skewers of langoustines
At a picnic or outdoor recreation you can cook langoustines on the grill. For this you need:
- 1 kg of langoustines;
- half a lemon;
- a little green dill and parsley;
- ground pepper;
- three garlic cloves;
- three tbsp. l. olive oil;
- First you need to prepare langoustins, separating the tails, as well as freeing them from the intestines. The shells are removed.
- Make a marinade for seafood. Squeeze the juice from the lemon, chop the greens after washing, peel the garlic and pass through the press or rub. Mix all these ingredients, add salt, oil and pepper.
- Fill the peeled langoustines with marinade and leave in it for an hour to soak them.
- String langoustines on thin wooden skewers, pre-moistened with water.
- Hot coals should remain in the grill, and seafood should be cooked for them in just two or three minutes to keep the meat tender.
A few tips on the proper preparation and use of langoustins:
- Do not cook langoustines for longer than 30 seconds, as with prolonged heat treatment, the meat loses its tenderness and becomes dense, "rubber."
- It is best to start cooking immediately after buying seafood.
- The edible part is the tail, and it should be eaten. In the shell there is a digestive tract, in which the food consumed by the marine remains, so this part should not be eaten. It makes no sense to carve claws: they have very little pulp.
- Inedible claws and heads can be used to make broths, sauces and soups, so do not rush to throw them away.
Take on the proposed above recipes and be sure to pamper yourself, relatives or guests with dishes from langoustines!
4 psychological tests that will help you to know yourself better
Will electronic diary improve performance
The trick, which is already used by thousands of girls around the world: PVA glue for manicure
Lip powder - cool alternative to your favorite lipstick
The professor was interviewed by the BBC from home. And then the children came
Firefly lamp in a can