Tasty and healthy olives and olives
The olive tree is a symbol of the Mediterranean. Its fruits and oil derived from them accompanied the history of all the peoples of this region. They were used both in the course of sacred rituals and in everyday life. The duration of the "life" of such a tree is about 200 years, and during this period it yields more than 4 tons of harvest.
But often when choosing these small fruits in a supermarket, we are faced with a choice, which ones will be tastier and more useful - olives or olives? And is it true that this is the same product? Let's figure it out.
Who is who?
According to one theory of origin - both products are the fruits of one tree, but collected in different periods of maturation. According to another popular opinion, this is a harvest of various plants.
Where is the truth? In fact, both olives and olives grow on the same tree. But a different degree of maturity affects their color. Green - unripe fruit, used for pickling, and from black - fully ripe, make butter.
It is worth noting that the term "olives" exists exclusively in the territory of some CIS countries, while throughout the world this name is not used. Its origin is explained quite simply - the olive belongs to the family of oilseeds, so the dark fruits and received a consonant name. And there is no difference except for the color and amount of oil content (in green it is less).
Fresh fruits are unsuitable for consumption as they are very bitter. To get rid of such an unpleasant taste, they marinate, using salt.
Those who think that black olives, which are sold in stores, have such a shade from nature are mistaken. Fully ripened fruits are usually shriveled and have a purple color, and a black shade is obtained during the chemical treatment with oxygen. It contributes to the oxidation process, and the fruits become soft, acquiring a characteristic color.
To get the oil, ripe olives are turned into mush, and sent to a centrifuge, where it is released during processing.
Small, but remote
In addition to their special taste, the fruits also have a large number of useful properties due to the rich chemicalcomposition:
- Pectins help cleanse the body of toxins and can even remove heavy metal salts. That is why olives are recommended for use by those who live in ecologically polluted territories.
- Vitamins C, B, E improve the condition of the skin and hair, normalize the work of the nervous system, have a tonic effect.
- A large number of unsaturated fatty acids positively affects the work of the cardiovascular system, increases hemoglobin and strengthens the bone system.
- Mediterranean residents are confident that a small amount of fruit consumed daily, affects the increase in male power.
- Do you know the benefits of olives for those who suffer from persistent constipation? They are able to quickly and easily fix this problem. Only 1 tbsp. oils of fruits will relieve from painful attacks.
- Due to the content of vitamin A, they are also an excellent prevention of eye problems.
Even the bones of these small fruits will not bring any harm to the body, as they are completely digested in the stomach.
What to buy?
In stores you can find products for every taste. It can be whole fruits with a bone, without it, stuffed, canned halves or in the form of a paste. What should I look for when choosing?
- First of all, read the composition of the marinade and give preference to the product that contains the least amount of additives and preservatives.
- Pay attention to the manufacturer. It is better if it is a Mediterranean country. In this case, you can be sure of the quality.
- Stuffed olives have a special taste, but it is worth remembering that additional additives require the addition of preservatives.
- How to choose the right size? Look at the numbers in the form of a fraction. “Caliber” of small olives - 280-380 pcs / kg, large - 60-180 pcs / kg. If you are going to add the product to hot dishes, it is more profitable to buy pasta.
What can be cooked from these small fruits? First of all, we recommend you to enjoy the original taste of olives and make the sauce tapenade.
This traditional French dish is used for stuffing poultry or as a paste for sandwiches and toasts. You will need:
- white bread - 5 pieces;
- olives - 100 g;
- anchovies - 50 g;
- garlic - 2-3 cloves;
- lemon juice - 1 tsp;
- olive oil - 1-2 tablespoons;
From the bread you need to cut the crust and grind in a blender along with the rest of the products.Pour in lemon juice and turn into a homogeneous mass, then season with salt and pepper, add oil and mix.
Serve can be spread on bread, or as an additive to fresh vegetables.
Nourishing and appetizing also get a salad. For him take:
- olives - 200 g;
- chicken fillet - 300 g;
- green peas - 150 g;
- eggs - 2 pcs .;
Boil chicken meat and chop finely. Do the same with the eggs. Slice the olives into thin rings and chop the greens. Mix all the ingredients, season with mayonnaise and serve in portioned bowels.
Healthy and tasty, these small fruits will give your dishes a special taste. The Spaniards are confident that this product is useful for people of any age, and boldly include them even in the children's diet.
Charming princess crown made of a very special material
Anderkat - fashionable haircut for stylish people
The best didactic games for kids
Soap bubbles with their own hands
Rihanna had fun at the wedding of a childhood friend in Barbados