What is kombucha?
There is a great variety of the most diverse drinks. Some of them are useful, others just refresh and quench thirst. But there are those that combine several properties at once, in particular, excellent taste and benefit. Ever heard of Kombucha? He, by the way, is incredibly useful.
A bit of history
Ceylon is considered to be the birthplace of such a unique and interesting drink. Such tea is often called Chinese or Japanese. But it is not certain for certain where exactly he appeared for the first time, but the records about him found date back to the time before our era. There is a legend that someone drank sweet tea and forgot it on the street, and then, having tried, appreciated the taste and shared what he did, with others.
In Europe, this drink became known around the first half of the last century. Many believe that the participants of the Russian-Japanese war brought him as a trophy. But it became really popular closer to the middle of the XX century. And by the end of this century, even doctors and scientists became interested in the amazing Kombucha.And studies have shown that it is really useful (and this has been talked about for a long time).
What it is?
What is kombucha? In fact, this is not exactly a fungus, that is, it does not grow on a forest glade, but appears as a result of the interaction of certain yeasts and bacteria. But such interaction is possible only under certain conditions.
So the fungus is not a single organism, but a complex of a multitude of microorganisms.
Yeast fungi stimulate the fermentation of sugar and tea into wine alcohol. And acetic acid bacteria transform alcohol into acetic acid. Carbon dioxide is released. All this makes tea a low-alcohol, sour-sweet refreshing drink.
In appearance the mushroom looks like a scone, slippery to the touch. Something like a jellyfish. The color usually varies from beige to light brown (depending on the type and strength used for making tea).
What is it made of?
The composition of this drink includes many different bacteria and yeast. But that's not all, as the composition is truly unique and determines the beneficial properties of the drink. It contains: the most important organic acids (for example, citric, lactic, acetic, gluconic, kojic and other), vitamins of group B, glucose, caffeine, vitamins PP and C, and much more.
What is useful drink?
The benefits of kombucha are invaluable. Let's list some properties:
- Thanks to special components, blood circulation is improved, which contributes to the best nutrition of all tissues, organs and systems. Because of this, the body's work improves, work capacity rises.
- Thanks to caffeine and tannins, it turns out to be quite a powerful stimulating effect, so that the charge of cheerfulness is provided. But it is worth noting that the addictive tea fungus does not cause, and the effect is softer.
- The composition includes antibiotic substances that fight some bacteria.
- This drink is very useful for colds and during recovery. In addition, it strengthens the immune system.
- Some components help treat oral diseases such as gingivitis, stomatitis, or even sore throat. Rinses will greatly accelerate the healing process.
- The drink removes excess fluid, which is necessary for edema caused by impaired kidney function.
- Metabolism with regular use is accelerated. In addition, appetite may decrease, so that when losing weight, the tea mushroom will be very relevant, but only under the condition of proper nutrition and physical activity.
- The digestion of the drink also has a positive effect.
- It is also useful for the cardiovascular system.
How to do?
How to grow a mushroom? The processes of its formation and growth are incredibly complex, so it's better to ask friends and acquaintances and borrow the "outgrowth" from one of them. But you can try to do everything yourself. To do this, 150 ml of strong black tea need to dissolve 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Leave the drink in a warm room for 1-1.5 days (approximately 20-36 hours). The resulting film will be a mushroom. But not the fact that it will be useful, since only experts can do everything correctly.
It is better to use already prepared mushroom. How to make a drink? This will require:
- three-liter jar;
- the mushroom itself;
- about 200 grams of sugar (100 grams per liter of tea);
- tea (it can be ordinary black, green or even hibiscus).
So wash the jar well, it should be clean. Mushroom must also be washed, but carefully so as not to damage it. Brew tea. It should not be strong, but the way you usually drink (but not too weak). Dissolve sugar in it. Tea should not be too hot, so cool it.Pour the liquid into the jar, filling it approximately 2/3. Now gently place the mushroom in the tea.
Do not pour water on it and do not pour sugar on top, it will cause damage. Cover the lid with gauze to protect the drink from dirt, but provide oxygen. The optimum temperature of infusion is about 24-27 degrees.
Exposure to direct sunlight for the fungus is detrimental, so it’s best to keep it in a dark place. This is the way to keep the drink at home.
In the summer, it usually takes about 4–5 days to get it, and about 6–7 in winter. The liquid must be drained through gauze into the bottle and put into the refrigerator (storage in heat will lead to further digestion, which is unacceptable). Mushroom must be washed (it is necessary after each discharge of liquid)! After that, it can be poured over with tea and insisted again.
If a part of the fungus is separated, you can give it to your friend, this is a process, it is also active. By the way, cooking for weight loss is a little different. It is better to use green tea, it speeds up the metabolism and removes slags. Drink a drink in this case should be before a meal, somewhere in an hour.A single dose is about 100-150 ml.
Precautions and Contraindications
It is important to follow all the rules of care. If the mushroom is not present, then the drink will not be useful. If the surface gets a brown tint, it means that you insist the drink for too long.
And if the mushroom has sunk to the bottom of the jar, then it should not be used, it is spoiled. The taste should resemble carbonated sweet tea or sweet-sour kvass. If you feel bitterness or excessive acid, it means that you did something wrong.
Drink this drink immediately after a meal or during it is not worth it, because it interacts with food is not very good. It is best to drink Kombucha one hour after or one hour before meals. The optimum daily volume is 1 liter, you should not exceed it. You can damage your health.
We list some contraindications:
- diabetes (drink contains a lot of sugar);
- allergy or idiosyncrasy of the components;
- pregnancy and lactation (better to abstain);
- some kidney diseases;
- ulcer and gastritis, as well as increased acidity of gastric juice.
Enjoy this wonderful drink, improve your health and feel more invigorated!
Dreadlocks - fashionable hairstyle or terrible bad taste
Places that you must see in Paris
Fast hairstyles for every day
How to make molds for polymer clay with imprints of plants and leaves
Folding Wedding Card
Paper Weave Basket
What is mist and how to use it