What is nicotinic acid for?
There is a mass of various substances with complex names. Some of them are necessary for our body, others help to maintain beauty, while others are simply irreplaceable. Why do we need nicotinic acid?
What is nicotinic acid for?
So, the vitamin PP (the so-called this acid) in the body performs very important functions:
- It participates in almost all metabolic processes: it helps to process fats, carbohydrates, proteins, amino acids, purines, and other substances.
- Vitamin PP is important for respiration, as it carries hydrogen and delivers it where it is needed.
- This substance is actively involved in tissue respiration and provides all cells with oxygen and nutrients.
- Also, this acid is actively involved in the processes of blood formation and blood circulation, which is important for the whole organism.
- There is a positive effect on the blood: the amount of cholesterol decreases, the concentration of lipoproteins decreases.In addition, the blood thinens, becomes less viscous.
- This substance helps the body to deal with such an important function as the elimination of toxins.
- Vitamin PP expands small vessels, strengthening their walls. As a result, cerebral circulation improves, which has a positive effect on mental abilities. But there is no pronounced and strong vasodilating effect, so that the consequences can be avoided.
With a lack of nicotinic acid, the following unpleasant symptoms can occur:
- weakness, fatigue, chronic fatigue, decreased performance;
- absent-mindedness, forgetfulness, reduced concentration of attention;
- increased excitability, irritability;
- sleepiness or insomnia;
- dizziness, headaches;
- pain in the limbs;
- if there is a clear deficit, mental abnormalities can occur, such as auditory hallucinations or visual;
- digestive disorders are possible: loose stools, burning in the mouth, appetite disturbances, bloating;
- pigment spots may appear on the skin, from the time they become coarse, flaky.
How to get?
Where to get this very vitamin PP? You can go to the pharmacy.Nicotinic acid can be produced in several forms: in tablets, in powder and in ampoules for injections.
If you want to get this substance from food, then eat more products such as egg yolks, yeast (both bakery and beer), legumes (peas, beans, lentils), fish (for example, halibut, tuna, salmon), meat and offal (liver, stomachs, the heart of animals), peanuts, potatoes, chicken white meat (breast), mushrooms, wholemeal bread, cereals and others.
But remember that if there is a clear deficiency, then eliminating it by eating all of the above will not work, since the content of vitamin PP in food is insignificant. Therefore, the use of drugs is required.
When it is possible and necessary, and when it is impossible?
If you decide to start taking vitamin PP (in any form), then be careful. Instructions should certainly be attached to any drug, so read it carefully before use.
Here in what cases is shown nicotinic acid:
- the initial stages of diabetes;
- diseases associated with vasoconstriction;
- certain liver diseases;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- gastric or duodenal ulcer;
- such a substance is also indicated if the wounds and skin lesions heal for a long time;
- prevention of atherosclerosis;
- some blood diseases, accompanied by an increase in the concentration of its components such as triglycerides, lipoproteins and others;
- pellagra (a disease that is a type of severe avitaminosis);
- some liver diseases (cirrhosis, hepatitis);
- frequent stress;
- nicotinic acid can be used to treat gastritis and other diseases involving increased acidity of the gastric juice;
- disorders of cerebral circulation;
- some infections;
- neuritis (especially the facial nerve).
Most often, the use of effective in the case of complex therapy, that is, nicotinic acid is appointed as an adjuvant, but sometimes used independently.
There are some contraindications:
- children's age (up to 2 years);
- an ulcer in the acute stage;
- individual intolerance;
- liver failure;
- arterial hypertension (low blood pressure).
In case of overdose or prolonged use, side effects such as redness of the skin of the trunk and face, upper body blood rush, arrhythmia, dizziness, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, pruritus, dry mucous membranes and skin are possible.
How to use?
Options for the use of nicotinic acid have weight. More often it is taken internally for the treatment or prevention of any disease. But it is possible and external use. We offer several options.
Treatment and prevention of diseases
- If you have atherosclerosis, then you should take 250 mg one to three times a day during the initial stages of treatment. Then the dose is increased to 1000-2000 mg (1-2 grams) with three times a day.
- In ischemic stroke, injections are indicated. Intravenously injected 10 ml of solution (slowly and gently).
- When pellagra requires 100 mg orally two to four times a day (or twice a day, 10 ml intravenously). For the prevention of this disease, it is necessary for adults to take 15-25 mg daily, and for children no more than 20 mg daily.
The exact dosage and duration of admission, check with your doctor, as they depend on the individual characteristics of the organism and on the specific disease and its severity.
Some nicotinic acid is used for weight loss.This makes sense, since this substance accelerates metabolic processes and causes fats and carbohydrates to turn into energy faster.
But how to take vitamin PP? Do this with care. Thus, the daily dose should not exceed 20-30 mg. If, however, daily use of 50 mg or more, then the opposite effect may be observed: the appetite will increase, the absorption of fat will slow down. In addition, vitamins B12 and B5 enhance the effect of the application, so take them too.
The course of treatment lasts a month, then a break is required (at least 2-3 months). Long and uncontrolled reception can lead to undesirable consequences.
Beautiful hair and eyelashes
It is advisable to use this tool for hair and eyelashes, as it is believed that it stimulates growth and makes the hair more healthy and strong.
- The mask with nicotinic acid is useful to growth of hair. For its preparation will require 1 ampoule of acid and 1 teaspoon of aloe juice. Mix the ingredients and apply on the head (it should be clean). First rub the composition into the scalp, then spread over the entire length. Cover your head with a wrap or plastic bag, then a towel.After 2 hours, wash your hair with warm water.
- You can also simply apply acid to the skin and hair every day for a month, without washing anything away.
- You can apply the acid on the upper eyelid and on the eyelashes themselves. Use a mascara brush (wash it), pay attention to the roots, but avoid contact with the eyes.
If you study the reviews of such a tool, you can make sure that it is effective. Hair starts to grow faster.
Stay always healthy and beautiful!
How to make real Georgian satsivi
How to cook a juicy and tasty pork kebab in the oven
Top 10 most favorite domestic films
How to bake potatoes in foil in the oven: various options
Needle bed in the form of a doll chair
Makeup for brunettes