Pulled Skin Off Waxing : Health Care Answers
What to Do After a Bikini Wax
Hopefully, the worst part is over and you're enjoying your smooth hair-free bikini zone. Now, what do you do after the bikini wax to keep it soft, smooth and a healthy shade of pink?
The goal is to maintain the hair-free bikini line for as long as possible without irritating skin and getting ingrown hair, pimples or bumps.
What bothers the skin varies slightly from person to person. Some people are more prone to ingrown hair because of the extreme thickness or curliness of their hair.
Other people have sensitive skin that can become extremely touchy after waxing, and it can get irritated or red at the slightest amount of heat or friction. Whatever your case may be, here are some things that you should and shouldn't do post-waxing (for both men and women):
- Avoid the sun. Stay clear of the sun's direct rays for at least 48 hours or until the redness has gone away. Waxing exfoliates, removing skin cells that offer protection from the sun. I know you've just had the hair removed so you can rock the bikini, but two things can happen. First, burning is easier than before because of the exfoliation combined with the removal of the hair that would provide somewhat of a physical block. Second, you can be more sensitive to the sun and end up with dark skin spots, (also called hyperpigmentation) especially if you're taking certain medications.
- Let your skin breathe. This is very important. Do not slip on skintight clothing because this will cause upset skin at the very least, and possibly ingrown hair. Also, don't touch the area. Yes, we know, it's very tempting to touch our hair-free skin. However, we use our hands to do almost everything and those germs would love to jump onto our freshly waxed skin and live happily causing irritation, pimples or infection.
- Soaking and steam isn't good. When hair is removed, the empty follicle is more prone to bacteria entering. Shower, but please do not take a bath or get in any type pool for the rest of day after the service, as any bacteria or chlorine in the pool water can cause irritation. The extreme heat of saunas and steam rooms can also disturb skin and need to be avoided for at least the next two days. It might be wise to stay away longer if you have extremely sensitive skin or it was your first bikini wax.
- No body lotion until the redness goes away. Redness is a sign of sensitized skin. If you have a problem with overly red or stinging skin try Relax and Wax No Trauma Momma. It's specially made to be used post-waxing to help soothe skin. Regular lotions can irritate your skin more than it already is — especially if it's fragranced. So wait until the redness disappears, which varies from person to person. And be sure to keep all lotions on the outside of your body only when applying in the bikini zone.
- Exfoliate. The bikini area is notorious for getting ingrown hairs after waxing. Keep that dead skin from ruining your bikini wax by clogging pores and causing ingrown hair. Two full days after your service, lightly exfoliate with a body scrub, loofah or ayate washcloth () if your skin is not red or irritated. Exfoliating also helps skin look healthy and encourages hair to point up, growing in the correct direction.
- Have products ready. If you have a problem with ingrown hair, keep a bump-fighting product on hand, like Relax and Wax Get the Bump Outta Here, Shobha Ingrown Relief Lotion or GiGi No Bump Rx Skin Treatment. You can use these products for prevention and treatment of the bumps.
Video: STEPS How to Prepare for a Brazilian Wax & After Care WHAT TO EXPECT - How to prepare TUTORIAL
How to Write a Tyburn Poem
How To Upgrade Your Evening Wear On A High Street Budget
The Top 5 Classic Perfumes for Women
Read more about the airline industry
How to Make a FOIA Request in an Asylum Case
How to Make Almond Flour or Meal
Homemade Healthy Ketchup
Easy, Medium Straight Haircut: Ashley Tisdale Hair
How to Convince Your Parents to Let You Pierce Your Nose
How to Impress Your Teachers
Makeup How-To: Soft and Natural Eyeshadow
Skinny Beef Enchiladas Recipe