What to do if the iron left a mark on the clothes?
Each of us at least once in the process of ironing left stains on clothes. And what to do in this situation? Throw away a thing? Not worth it, because you can try to fix it, if you know some ways and tricks.
Why do spots appear?
The reasons for the appearance of stains when ironing is not so much. The first and most common is inattention. For example, someone distracted you, or you thought about something, but forgot about the iron. Enough and a few seconds to warmed up the surface left a "hot kiss" on your skirt or blouse.
But even if you are extremely careful in the process, this can not always protect you from stains. Do we all look at the information on the care of the thing contained on the tag? No, not all. But in some articles of clothing in black and white it is written, at what temperature it is recommended to make ironing. Exceeding this value can also cause stains.
Can all stains be removed?
Is the situation always correctable? No not always.If the stain is brown, and you smell the smell of burning, then in this case the damaged item can be thrown out (or restored by cutting out the stain), since the fabric is damaged and damaged. But if there is only a small footprint, then it can be removed.
How to deal with stains?
So, how do you get the stains out after the iron? We offer several ways.
- Can help ordinary onions. It needs to be cleaned, grated and put the resulting gruel on the stain. It is better to leave everything in this form for several hours, it will enhance the effect. After these manipulations, place the item in cold water for at least half an hour to remove the smell. And after that you can do the usual washing.
- You can also use regular lemon. Squeeze the juice out of it and put it on the stain, leave it for an hour, and then wash the soiled object. If after treatment with lemon juice the contamination is still left, then try to sprinkle it with sugar (or better powdered sugar) for 5-10 minutes, and then rinse in warm water.
- If the stain is left on the white thing, then you can use a fairly strong tool. To prepare it, take half a glass of warm water, add a teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide, as well as 5 drops of ammonia (10%). In this mixture, moisten the cotton pad or swab, wipe the stained area.For greater effect, moisten the stain with the solution and leave for 10 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Repeat the procedure several times.
- If you have boric acid, use it. Moisten a cotton pad in the composition and rub the spot until the stain disappears. After that, you can wash the thing with soap or laundry detergent.
- You can try to just wet the spot and fill it with salt, and then wait until the thing dries out (this process can be accelerated with the help of sunlight or a hair dryer). Then wash the thing.
- Salt can be used a little differently. Mix it with water to form a slurry. Rub the mass into the stain and dry, then rinse with cold water.
- Try to wipe the stain with a cotton pad dipped in hydrogen peroxide. After this thing wash.
- You can use the usual laundry soap. Just wash them a place of pollution.
- Try to use milk. Soak the place of pollution in it for half an hour or an hour, and then wash the thing. By the way, it is better to use skimmed milk, as usual can leave new stains in the form of traces of fat.
- Prepare a weak solution of vinegar (1-2 tablespoons of 9% vinegar in a glass of warm water). Dampen a cloth in it, put it on the stain and iron it with a clean iron (not too hot).
- Use baking soda. Add water, prepare a thick mass. Apply it to the place of pollution and leave for 10-15 minutes, then rinse with warm water, then wash the thing.
- You can use this tool. 10 grams of soap rub on a grater. Mix the obtained chips with boiled onions (you need three heads) and 125 ml of wine vinegar. Apply the mixture on the stain, leave it there for 20-30 minutes, and then rinse with water. This tool can also be used when removing stains on black material.
- Try using bleach. Dissolve one teaspoon in 1 liter of warm water. Rinse the contamination site with this compound, then rinse thoroughly with water and wash the thing.
- Use salt and lemon juice at the same time. Pour a little salt on the stain, and pour over all the lemon juice on top. Leave the thing in this form for half an hour, then rinse everything well with warm water, and then do the usual washing.
- Sour milk dilute with water.Moisten a napkin in the composition and attach it to the stain, leave it overnight. The next morning thoroughly rinse and wash. Milk is better to use skim.
Some recommendations for real hostesses:
- It is better to remove the stain immediately, that is, when it appeared. This will greatly increase the chances of success.
- Some folk remedies are unsafe for the skin, so it is better to carry out all manipulations with gloves.
- If a thing is colored or black, then it is better not to use compounds with aggressive components (hydrogen peroxide, acids), they can dissolve the paint.
- It is better to try the remedy on a small and invisible tissue site before the cleansing procedure to make sure that there is no damage to the color and integrity of the material.
- If the stain is not displayed, do not rush to throw away the thing. Use appliqués, rhinestones and other decorative details. Clothes can gain new life!
How to avoid the appearance of spots?
- Do not expose the iron to excessive heat.
- In the process of ironing do not be distracted, focus on things and iron.
- Before ironing, review the information indicated on the item tag, follow these recommendations.
- Try the iron on the invisible part of the thing to see the reaction.
- Can be ironed through a thin cloth or gauze, it can protect from stains.
Now the spots are not terrible for you.
How to call a second hand
How to protect yourself from arbitrariness on the part of collectors
Paper model of the Panzerkampfwagen VIII Maus
How to make real Georgian satsivi
Life is safe